Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
FvdAa
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Frank van der Aa

Feature request - Reversed incremental

Post by FvdAa »

Hi,

I found an existing feature request for the Veeam Windows Agent to add Reversed incremental backup mode. I would also like to see this feature with the Linux Agent.

Is this already on the future feature list for the Veeam Linux Agent? Any date available?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Re: Feature request - Reversed incremental

Post by PTide »

Hi,

It is not on the list yet, you seem to be the second person to request, if my forum search skills serve me well :) Would you provide any relevant details about your environment, please?

Thanks
FvdAa
Influencer

Post by FvdAa »

Hi,

we are going to set up our own Cloud Connect environment and use Veeam Linux Agent (server license) to backup remote servers to our datacentre. These will be configured as different tenants and we would like to be able to copy the last backup as a full backup to other storage (for retention purposes). With the current forward incremental this isn't possible as only the oldest restore point is saved a a full backup. That means we need to copy the entire set (full + incrementals) to be able to restore to the latest restore point.

With reversed incremental we could simply copy only the last backup (which is a full) to another location and save it for longer time.
AUmonroe
Influencer
Full Name: AUmonroe

Post by AUmonroe »

PTide wrote: Sep 12, 2018 12:36 pm Hi,

It is not on the list yet, you seem to be the second person to request, if my forum search skills server me well :) Would you provide any relevant details about your environment, please?

Thanks

+1
FvdAa
Influencer

Post by FvdAa »

Any update on this? Still not on the roadmap?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Post by PTide »

Not yet. Do you need that functionality to offload backups to tape, or for something else?

Thanks
FvdAa
Influencer

Post by FvdAa »

Yes, for offloading backup to tapes or alternate storage/media; in that case we can just copy the last (full) backup.