Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
icervantes185
Lurker
Liked: never

Management Console for Veeam Endpoint

Post by icervantes185 »

Hi guys, I´m wondereing if veeam endpoint offers a management console, let´s say I´m thinking if it is possible to install veeam endpoint in several computers, let´s say 30 and I need to manage all of the veeam endpoint installations from one single management console, is that possible?

Also, would it be possible to automate the installation process for several computers? something like a script?

Thanks everybody for your help!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Management Console for Veeam Endpoint

Post by Dima P. »

Hi icervantes185,

There is no solution now, except the Veeam Plugin for LabTech which can centrally manage all the endpoints. Upcoming version 2.0 will bring the central management API, so it will be possible to install agents and deploy configurations via simple scripting (import/export). Another option would be to use Veeam Availability Console for agent’s central management which is going to be releases soon too.
Damman
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Post by Damman »

Hi !

I have the same question. I would like to install VEB on multiple computers (like 100).
The "configure backup options are not stock in a file that you can copy/paste on the other computers ? I have to configure backup on each computers ?

I read several time "Veeam Agent 2.0" and "LabTech" but, I don't find any info in this...

Thanks in advance,

PS: Sorry for my English...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

Yes, currently you will need to configure all backup jobs manually. However, either this solution or this one might be helpful (depending on the type of company you're working for).

Hope it helps!
pob579
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by pob579 »

Hi, the last response is from Nov 2016...
I have the latest version - 9.5 update 4.

Where in the console I can find endpoints deployed in environment...
It was promised back to 2016.

Exists something?
Thx.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

This is available since update 3 in VBR 9.5. You can find more info in our user guide.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
pob579
Enthusiast

Post by pob579 »

yehh, just in my 9.5 update 4 I have backup storage tape INFRAS.
How to add Agent management Infra? this is the question... and didn't see in the docs what to do if it is not appears by default.
Thx.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hi pob579,

You can manage all the workloads via Inventory node. To add servers for agent protection you should start using so called protection groups. To learn more please take a look at Agent Management User Guide and let us know if you have any questions. Cheers!
pob579
Enthusiast

Post by pob579 »

Spasibo Dima!
pob579
Enthusiast

Post by pob579 »

So, added protection group... with precising the name of one of the machines with agent installed.
Got the message the agent installed. Auto update enabled...
Now, rescan of the group failed with license bla bla...
Read another forum (Phisical)... where the discussion about rescan fail because of license not enabled...

1. tried to disable Manually Added ... not helped.
I am in the license Information box:
Edition: Enterprise ...
Instances: 6 (0 used). What is means I can have 6 phisical machines with agent?
If I want to add just 2. Disable rescan? So, do I have to check box Update lic automatially.

For now it is "dead" I have an error.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

pob579,

Open Main menu > License and click the instance tab. At the very bottom of this window check the box to allow agents to consume license. Once done. rescan the previously created protection group.
pob579
Enthusiast

Post by pob579 »

Dima, all is clear now. Previous step I did was just fine - created a Protection Group and during that added one machine that I need to manage.
Yes it was in unmanaged ( I see 10 others, that I don't care for now).
Now the question of instances is clear. Probably our Enterprise license comes with 6 endpoint lic.(I don't touch lic question).

So, I have now 1 machine in my group for management.
However, I don't see many options... Just Add to Backup (New Job). And Agent (Create Recovery media and Uninstal comp.)

In my case I need to reschedule scan of an existing job (from daily to weekly). I don't see the current job... very little could be done with what I see.
May be it should be in other place...

Spasibo :).
Misha.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

You are welcome :D

After Protection Group has been created go to Home node and select Backup Job > Windows/Linux. This would let you to create a new backup job with the custom settings and desired schedule. Previously created protection group (or single machine should be used as a source for this backup job). Cheers!
pob579
Enthusiast

Post by pob579 »

When in Backup Tab \Backups node I see 2 jobs for the machine.
One is full. One has 1 restore points. Other 19.

When check properties of job it shows the dates and general info. No option for rescheduling or changing configurations properties that where done locally during agent installation.

Please guide...
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Understood. Looks like the agent remains in unmanage state (i.e. standalone deployment of an agent). Go to the Inventory > Unmanaged protection group, find the desired host, right click it and select move to protection group. Once done agent will be 'linked' to the Veeam B&R server and you can control it's job via B&R console. Keep in mind that backup job must be recreated from scratch as local configurations from standalone agents are not preserved.

For further deployment simply create add host to any custom protection group as it will automatically deploy agent in the managed state (so there is no need to setup agents manually on ever machine.
pob579
Enthusiast

Post by pob579 »

Dima,
the comp was added to NEW_Protection group during creation of the group, there were some troubles with rescan but after restarting comp everything is green.
I am a bit confused :).
For all existing agents the Type is Windows Agent Backup. For one that is in the NEW_Protection group the type is Windows Agent Policy.
And when right click on it there is Apply option as for all the others Start...

So, the question: Where I can see and start manually the job if needed (instead of scheduled backup). Instead of the Job I have a Policy that is practically Job config but WHERE IS THE JOB with all the fun things.

See the pic I uploaded to OneDrive. BTW, I cannot find file upload option on the forum (first time thing for technical forum, may be I am blind or it is hidden).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av7GxVRWTkZlghA-CkV ... d?e=gbXo2j
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Misha
For all existing agents the Type is Windows Agent Backup. For one that is in the NEW_Protection group the type is Windows Agent Policy.
And when right click on it there is Apply option as for all the others Start...
Settings are ok. According to the screenshot host has been assigned to the policy and should start to create backup files with the given settings. Apply only sends the configuration to the machine (it does not start actual backup process). What backup destination was selected for this managed by agent job type?
So, the question: Where I can see and start manually the job if needed (instead of scheduled backup). Instead of the Job I have a Policy that is practically Job config but WHERE IS THE JOB with all the fun things.
There is no option to trigger manual backup creation on remote agent for managed by agent job type but it's planned for next version.