Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
WORKS2019
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: RJ Cowan

Installation and Configuration Question

Post by WORKS2019 »

Hi, this is my first installation of Veeam One and while doing so I have several questions.

Veeam Backup and Recovery is on different BDR servers in different physical locations that manages backups. Everything is working fine.

On a computer at my office I installed Veeam One expecting to connect to each client running Veeam Backup and Recovery. I believe I can push the Veeam One agent to each server running Backup and Recovery.

First question is this a correct way to use Veeam One to have a portal to manage the overall health of my Veeam backups including offiste backups to a Veeam certified data center?

Questions about the ports that are required.
- 2805 Default port used for communication with Veeam ONE agent installed on Veeam Backup & Replication server. No issues with this.
- 445 Required to access remote registry. See below.
- 135, 145 Required to gather CPU and memory performance data from Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure servers.
- 135 Required to collect data from Veeam backup servers through WMI. See below.

How secure is it to allow remote access to the registry and WMI?

As it stands now I can't access any BDR's without getting a connection error.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Installation and Configuration Question

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
first question: it's probably the most flexible way with all the reports. "correct" / "wrong", well, I don't believe there is a correct / wrong... whatever you prefer.
How secure is it to allow remote access to the registry and WMI?
as secure as Microsoft implemented the protocols. :-)

Best regards,
Hannes
WORKS2019
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: RJ Cowan

Post by WORKS2019 »

All the ports are open and I can't get Veeam One to connect to a server running Veeam Backup and Replication.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

also the dynamic ones? I suggest to contact support that they check the log files which port is missing. Please post the case number here for reference