Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
TapeRaid3r
Novice
Liked: never

Error: "Your license does not support more than one backup job"

Post by TapeRaid3r »

Hi,

We are currently trialling B&R Enterprise Plus Edition with a 1000 instances license which I understand should cover pretty much everything.

However, we are off to a bad start, as we immediately started getting this error message for a Windows-based Client Job using a protection group of three Windows 10 clients (2x v1803, 1x v1903):
"Cannot send backup job configuration to testclient01.domain.local Error: Your license does not support more than one backup job"
This came up in the log for all three clients of this job respectively, and subsequently it failed to apply the backup job configuration to these clients.

We have one other client job with a separate protection group of 5 other test clients (Windows-based), of which the three above were a part before (they have been taken out into a separate protection group to try other backup settings with higher compression on them). This other group is so far working without the license issue.

We also have three server-based jobs (Hyper-V and ESXi) which are performing without issues.

The license dialog shows we have "1000 instances available (11.64 used)", and the instances tab shows VMs Count 8 x 1,00 = 8,00 Instances, Servers Count 1 x1,00 = 1,00 Instances and Workstations 8 x 0,33 = 2,64 instances. The evaluation license still has 29 days remaining.

Can you give any advice as to what causes this error? Googling has not yielded much except that the latest Veeam B&R update seems to have some issues with license counting general.

As the backup experience works rather well, I'd hate for our trial to crash & burn due to errant licensing matters, so I hope this can be easily resolved.

Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error: "Your license does not support more than one backup job"

Post by Dima P. »

Hello TapeRaid3r,

Agents support multiple jobs when running in Server edition. In order to create multiple jobs you need to select the type as Server on the first step of the job wizard. Cheers!
TapeRaid3r
Novice

Post by TapeRaid3r »

Dima, Thanks but you misunderstand.

Each agent has only one job to do - backup the workstation it's running on. And this works perfectly for the first job with a protection group of 5 workstations!
Only the second B&R job with three workstations displays the above error.

We don't want a server job here, we want a "client-managed" workstation job and we want the bug with the license counting to go away.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Any chance you have some of these hosts added to both jobs? Thanks!
TapeRaid3r
Novice

Post by TapeRaid3r »

No, of course not, otherwise it would automatically disregard them anyway and display a different message.

For what it's worth - and for anyone else running into the same issue: We were able to work around this licensing bug by cloning the job AGAIN and then deleting the old job. No other changes were made - but the newly cloned job (after the old one was deleted) would deploy the agents and configurations to the clients without problems.

However, clearly, the licensing system in Veeam is rather buggy right now. I wouldn't want to run into such an error during production, so I hope it gets fixed.

Cheers.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

TapeRaid3r,

To be honest this is the first time I see this issue, any chance you have a case Id to share, so I could ask our QA team to review the case details? Thank you!
Yougotmyback
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Cristian Handragel

Post by Yougotmyback » 1 person likes this post

Hi there, and thank you, your workaround did the job; had the same problem.

Code: Select all

01.03.2021 15:10:58 :: Failed to send backup job configuration to DECONOMIC Error: Your license does not support more than one backup job.
NIRC
Influencer
Full Name: NIRC

Post by NIRC »

I am also wishing to thank TapeRaid3r.
Same problem, same solution worked for me too. Agent backup job of a Windows workstation
"Your license does not support more than one backup job."
Cloned the job, deleted the original, renamed the clone, try again, worked fine.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello folks,

Thank you for your feedback! Can you clarify what Veeam B&R you are using? If I remember correctly the issue should be resolved in v11, but if not - we'd love to investigate it.
NIRC
Influencer
Full Name: NIRC

Post by NIRC »

Personally I am using build 11.0.0.837 FIPS P20210401
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks! Need to share the logs with QA folks, so can ask you to raise a support ticket and share the case ID with us?