Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
broper
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bill

Slow replication to DR from one server

Post by broper »

We are using Veeam 5.0 to replicate to DR after intial seeding is completed. The link between the two sites is a T1. Four of the five Vm's replicate fine with good processing rates. However, we have one VM (file server) that takes days to replicate. The processing rates barely reach over 1MB at times. We investigated the problematic server but see no issues. Has anyone else run into this problem or anyone have any recomendations?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Slow replication to DR from one server

Post by Gostev »

Most likely cause is large number of changed blocks generated by this VM.
mattolan
Lurker
Full Name: Matthew

Post by mattolan »

did you figure this issue out? I am having the same type of issue but instead of a T1 I have a point to point wireless connection at 54MBPS and I also never see a data rate over 1MBPS
st0623
Technology Partner
Full Name: Steve Thompson

Post by st0623 »

mattolan wrote:Did you figure this issue out? I am having the same type of issue but instead of a T1 I have a point to point wireless connection at 54MBPS and I also never see a data rate over 1MBPS.
Matthew, did you mean your wireless connection is 54 Megabits per second and you only see 1 Megabit per second?

I'm with the HyperIP team at NetEx. You might have an issue with packet loss and latency.
Regards,
Steve Thompson
HyperIP team at NetEx Software
steve.thompson@netex.com