Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rustiferch
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Chris Hall

USB Rotated Backups: "Error: Full backup not found"

Post by rustiferch »

I have rotated usb backups configured but every week or so the backup start failing with the error message "Error: Full backup not found"
I have the "rotated backups" tick box enabled on the repository so I'm unsure why it fails.
To work around this issue I have been recreating the backup job which then works for about a week and then the same issue occurs.

Any idea what may be the issue? I am on 9.5u4b.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: USB Rotated Backups: "Error: Full backup not found"

Post by Gostev »

Hello! Please include support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic. Otherwise, this topic will be removed by moderators. Thanks!
rustiferch
Influencer

Post by rustiferch »

I would love to generate a support case ID but the 'generate a support case ID' page on Veeam's website states I need a 'Support ID' and that I can find this in "Help > License Information" in my installation. This 'Support ID' doesn't exist so I can't generate a Case ID.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Are you using Community Edition, by any chance? If so, be aware that in this case there is no support Id, and the support is provided on best effort basis. However, you should still be able to reach our support team via the Customer Support Portal. Thanks!
rustiferch
Influencer

Post by rustiferch » 1 person likes this post

Case Number is 03754303
I ended up having to call the support team as my account is attached to multiple client installs of Veeam (some licensed) and therefore the support case form forcibly showed an support ID was required. The phone support team were reluctant to raise a case for me but in the end they were very helpful.
rustiferch
Influencer

Post by rustiferch »

Hi All,
Has anyone got any advice with this one? I've been told that the case has been closed by the support team and to continue the conversation/support via this thread instead.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Hello!

I see from the support case that you're using a free product, for which support is provided on best effort basis, based on support staff availability. So, your best bet to get assistance with this issue is to keep re-opening the case until support staff is available to take it.

As explained when you click New Topic, this is not a support forum, and the team behind it is unable to troubleshoot complex technical issues via forum posts.

Thanks!
rustiferch
Influencer

Post by rustiferch »

I'm a little confused why one support team member would say to use this forum post for further support when another states the opposite?
What's the best way to proceed without these confusing messages?
I can keep raising support cases but I can only do this via the phone and the last team member I spoke to said he was doing me a favour by raising it over the phone when he shouldn't be.
I would love to do this via the website but community users can't do this as we don't have support IDs.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

If you let us know who was the support team member who directed you to get support in this forum thread, we'll educate him on the correct process to make sure he does not provide invalid instructions in future. Thanks!
rustiferch
Influencer

Post by rustiferch »

I'm not sure whom it was on the phone but I assume your ticketing system would show this. I do however have this in writing also in the form of an email from noreply@veeam.com stating my job had been closed. It does state I should ask the question in this forum.

"Regardless of the Support Contract type, our goal is to ensure the issue is resolved to your satisfaction. Alternatively, visit the Forums to find an answer or ask a question to our helpful Community: https://forums.veeam.com"
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

That is the correct statement: product functionality questions are indeed most welcome here. However, technical issues is a different story. Again, all of this is explained in greatest details when you click New Topic. But this is a good feedback nevertheless, and I will propose a change to the text above to make it more clear what type of "questions" specifically are we talking about. Thanks for highlighting this!
rustiferch
Influencer

Post by rustiferch »

Thanks - I was hoping this might be looked at to save others the confusion.
:)