RESTful knowledge exchange
jstrain123
Novice
Liked: never

/restorePoints "Access Denied"

Post by jstrain123 »

I'm wanting to automate the generation of Veeam reports regarding our backups - I can get just about every piece of information I require except for Start/End times of each server backup. I'm fairly certain this is because when I try to access api/RestorePoints I don't seem to have access? I am using an admin portal account with an Enterprise license - I have been reading around this forum and a few people seem to have had this issue resolved by using a different license. Just want to see if this is the solution or if I am missing something obvious. Thanks in advance.
chris.arceneaux
VeeaMVP
Liked: 358 times
Full Name: Chris Arceneaux

Re: /restorePoints "Access Denied"

Post by chris.arceneaux » 1 person likes this post

Welcome to the Veeam forums @jstrain123!

This sounds like odd behavior. Can you try to access the API call you referenced above using the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Web Client? If you encounter the same error, please share a screenshot as well.
jstrain123
Novice

Post by jstrain123 »

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just tried to access this through the web client although the field for restorePoints has not appeared upon authentication (I have 7 options total, which is significantly less than the screenshot I saw through that link you sent - maybe this could be related to access levels?). I was still able to replicate the same error message by going to /backupServers then JobReferenceList. Might be worth noting that almost every field inside /backupServers is blocked by this error message.

https://gyazo.com/7718a0b751c41ce008fb71f8030da636
chris.arceneaux
VeeaMVP
Liked: 358 times
Full Name: Chris Arceneaux

Post by chris.arceneaux »

It appears you have a problem with the license applied to your Enterprise Manager server. Please open a Support Case with Veeam Support and let me know your case number so I can follow it.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 2 people like this post

jstrain123
Novice

Post by jstrain123 »

I checked the portal again and I'm using the Enterprise license - this must be the issue then?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Yep, Enterprise Plus license is required to access APIs without any restrictions. Thanks!