Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
neilmacneil
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Neil MacNeil

Feature Requests: folders, search, job import

Post by neilmacneil »

Hello,

Just a couple of features I had in mind for the longest while, be them common or not:

1) job folders / organization: Would be neat if we had some sort of way to declutter the veeam console. Function to create folders in the Job's menu for the sole purpose of organization.
2) Ability to search or sort (based on name, etc) VM's you would like to remove from a job. Ex: a job has 100 VM's that are all labeled with a common prefix that are all randomly presented in the settings window. Sorting or searching (with a search box) would be steller. Or, have this functionality outside the backup job.. A "remove from backup job" right-click menu in the VM inventory, next to "add to backup job"
3) This always bugged me.. The functionality to import, not only the backup files, but the backup job including all of the settings. I assume this could be hairy with importing components like credentials, proxies, repositories, (objects created outside of the backup job settings), etc... but even if we could just import the VM list from 1 job to another would be fantastic.

Thank you,

-Neil
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature Requests: folders, search, job import

Post by foggy »

Thanks, Neil. Re p.2, probably a faster way to "remove" a VM from the job in some cases would be to add it to exclusions list - at least it may be faster to locate it quickly in infrastructure than browsing through the list of all added VMs. But I agree, a proper way to sort the VMs would be sometimes handy. The reason why it is not there is that the VMs are processed in the order they are listed - sorting the list would kill the order.
neilmacneil
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Neil MacNeil

Post by neilmacneil »

thanks. I will take a look at doing exclusions.
MCH_helferlein
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Peter Helfer

Post by MCH_helferlein »

I like to add this feature request here as well.
Think it's going in the same direction from Neil.

Currently when searching in the Backups section for something, only the server objects are getting displayed.
It would be great if we could search there as well the backup jobs.

For example:

I have a Backup Job name: BCK_DomainControllers. There are two servers named Server001 and Server002 in there.
When searching now for 'BCK' the search does not shows anything because it's not searching the names of the backup jobs.
When searching for 'Ser' it shows the two servers.
DChiavari
VeeaMVP
Liked: 298 times
Full Name: Danilo Chiavari

Post by DChiavari »

I realize this thread is a little old, just wanted to let you know that recently I've been working on a PS script to solve point 3 (job import/export).

You can check it out here: https://github.com/VeeamHub/powershell/ ... ossServers
Danilo Chiavari
Presales Manager - Italy

www.danilochiavari.com