- Service Provider
- Posts: 56
- Liked: 2 times
- Joined: Mar 05, 2015 2:17 pm
- Full Name: Neil MacNeil
Just a couple of features I had in mind for the longest while, be them common or not:
1) job folders / organization: Would be neat if we had some sort of way to declutter the veeam console. Function to create folders in the Job's menu for the sole purpose of organization.
2) Ability to search or sort (based on name, etc) VM's you would like to remove from a job. Ex: a job has 100 VM's that are all labeled with a common prefix that are all randomly presented in the settings window. Sorting or searching (with a search box) would be steller. Or, have this functionality outside the backup job.. A "remove from backup job" right-click menu in the VM inventory, next to "add to backup job"
3) This always bugged me.. The functionality to import, not only the backup files, but the backup job including all of the settings. I assume this could be hairy with importing components like credentials, proxies, repositories, (objects created outside of the backup job settings), etc... but even if we could just import the VM list from 1 job to another would be fantastic.
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 18122
- Liked: 1536 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
- Posts: 52
- Liked: 4 times
- Joined: Nov 21, 2017 7:18 am
- Full Name: Peter Helfer
Think it's going in the same direction from Neil.
Currently when searching in the Backups section for something, only the server objects are getting displayed.
It would be great if we could search there as well the backup jobs.
I have a Backup Job name: BCK_DomainControllers. There are two servers named Server001 and Server002 in there.
When searching now for 'BCK' the search does not shows anything because it's not searching the names of the backup jobs.
When searching for 'Ser' it shows the two servers.
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 30 guests