Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
uptore
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Gostev's forum digest

Post by uptore »

New employer, new work email and new forum account. Need to resubscribe, but I cannot find "Subscribe to weekly digest of top forum topics" in Board preferences anymore.
Where has it gone?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr » 2 people like this post

Hi Uptore,

Welcome back!

Now it is automated - once you've registered and verified your email you'll be subscribed automatically. You can check the status by clicking Notifications here:

Thanks!
tomtomnavigator
Novice

Post by tomtomnavigator »

I checked the status and it shows yes - but I received the last digest on Sep 10 ...
Nothing in spam folder either. I love the digest and really want to receive it!

Can I read the digest somewhere else (Blog, Board, etc.)?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Unfortunately, there is no place where you can review previous digests, but I will ask our web team to investigate whether this email has been sent out to your address or not.
nmdange
Veteran
Liked: 142 times

Post by nmdange »

Perhaps Gostev might be willing to post his digests in a locked forum topic or something like that :)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. » 2 people like this post

tomtomnavigator, you should be good now, our web team has discovered an issue that prevented you from receiving the digest.

nmdange, yes, good idea, I will share it with Gostev, if he doesn't read this post himself :)
tomtomnavigator
Novice

Post by tomtomnavigator »

Hi Vitaly, thank you very much - I hope I will receive the next digest. Appreciate it!
grimson
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Arian van der Pijl

Post by grimson » 1 person likes this post

Gostev's e-mai list is one of the better ones with inside information usefull to all of us in real life situations.
My suggestion for the next list ;)

https://communities.intel.com/community ... r-download
SW Release 23.4 resolves a potential packet data pointer issue that could occur when using Intel® Ethernet 700 Series products with certain Intel Ethernet device drivers on Microsoft Windows* Operating systems that are using “Jumbo Packet” feature with “Receive Side Coalescing” (RSC) feature.

The issue may lead to a data mismatch between what came in on off wire (RX port) from remote sender and what is transferred up the OS/system stack to receiver (i.e. application). While most applications apply their own additional forms of data integrity checking, there may exist some that do not and so may be exposed to potential data integrity issues.
This is why Veeam B&E uses it's own error checking I guess because you can never trust anyone ;)

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public ... 60249en_us
Neglecting to perform the required action could leave the server in an unstable condition, which could potentially result in sub-optimal server performance or data loss. By disregarding this notification and not performing the recommended resolution, the customer accepts the risk of incurring future related errors.
Bunce
Veteran
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andrew

Post by Bunce »

Mine seems to have stopped also.. :(

Scratch that - found it!
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Post by Cragdoo »

I was just checking my subscription settings but my notifications are not showing anything about the newsletter subscription (I still get the weekly newsletter though).

I was looking to update my article https://www.cragdoo.co.uk/2018/04/23/ve ... -i-get-it/
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Craig, you need to click on "NOTIFY ME ON POPULAR TOPICS IN" link to view all your subscription settings. Thanks!
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard

Post by Cragdoo »

Can't see that in the settings
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard

Post by Cragdoo » 1 person likes this post

never mind ....found it

stormlight
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: JG

[MERGED] The Word of Gostev Digest past emails

Post by stormlight »

Is there a link that shows me all of the Gostev Digest in the past. Im trying to find one from a few weeks or months ago about trusting cloud providers with your data. Also it would be nice just to have one place to see all the past ones. There is a wealth of info in these.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Nope, you cannot review previous digests. Let us know if you're missing particular one, though, we will send it to you via PM. Thanks!
stormlight
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: JG

Post by stormlight »

Yes, I am looking for one from a few weeks to a month or two ago.

It was about putting trust in cloud providers and what to look for when doing so.

THank you
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Just sent it, hopefully, we're thinking about the same digest. Thanks!
Mgamerz
Expert
Liked: 28 times

Post by Mgamerz »

Nope, you cannot review previous digests.
Is there an actual valid reason for this? I have asked for months if not years to have something like this but I have never once been provided a reason that I can find believable. Half of the time I don't even even get the digest so I literally have no way of reading them.

You already have forum posts that detail the latest version of Veeam that have the most recent posts at the top. You can't tell me it is difficult to implement something like that for your digests as well.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

I have some historical reasons not to make them referenceable. So simply put, my posts would not be the same as far as the content goes, if I were posting them on the Internet.

However, we do want to investigate all case when they are not delivered. We have monitoring in place and I get the report with the number of emails that were sent successfully, so any issues in our end are spotted immediately (in which case we resend the digest to everyone who did not get one).
t_hadberg
Novice
Full Name: Torben Dalton Hadberg

Post by t_hadberg »

Hi Gostev

My forum account was manually disabled by mistake, and have just got it open again.. the last digest i received was from July 15 2019.. is it possible to have the missing digests resend to me, meaning from july 15 to now

best regards

Torben
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Hello!

No, unfortunately the script that sends them does not have an option to resend, sorry. Even if it had, it would not work because it pulls the current blog from the specified location (whatever I put there in the given week).

Thanks (and glad to have you back now!)
matthewingram
Influencer

Post by matthewingram »

In the latest release you mention scalability for the VBR server what about number of VM's per job?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

We test with 5000 VMs per job, but for operational reasons most customers typically do a few hundreds.
CAE2019
Lurker
Full Name: C

[MERGED] link to forum digest

Post by CAE2019 »

Could you please provide a link to the original Gostev Forum Daily Digest? (or perhaps what that digest was referencing?) I'm finding it difficult to locate.

Thank you!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: link to forum digest

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

I split away your question from the other thread to not mix two topics.

Actually there is no link to the forum digest. It's a weekly email for all registered (and subscribed) forum members. Per default, you will get it next Sunday / Monday depending on your time zone.

Best regards,
Hannes
CAE2019
Lurker
Full Name: C

Post by CAE2019 »

Right but I specifically wanted that particular 'digest', not just future ones.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

What exact digest you mean by "that particular"? More specific timeframe would help. Thanks!
Anguel
Expert
Liked: 18 times

Post by Anguel » 2 people like this post

Hi,

I regularly read the "Word from Gostev" and really like it. One thing I would like to ask for is, if it would be possible to use some kind of headings to separate the topics, at least where this is possible. Maybe there is some reason to not use headings, but sometimes the text is longer and I have to read through all the stuff that is not important at all for me, e.g. about the latest VMWare problems, Microsoft Azure or Office 365 Backup :-)
Because there is no reply-to address in the digest e-mails I hope this is the right place to ask for this.

Many thanks in advance,

Anguel
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Thanks for the feedback! I do always try to start every paragraph with the platform name for this exact reason, so I will keep the importance of doing this in mind. I tried but discarded real headings - because I like to keep every news one paragraph long, adding real headings makes the post 50% longer :D
Anguel
Expert
Liked: 18 times

Post by Anguel »

Thanks for the reply! I understand and will watch for new paragraphs :-) Btw, is there any "official" feedback channel if there is something really important regarding the digest? Or is this thread the right place?
Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!