Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
solmssen
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Andrew Solmssen

occasional backup error

Post by solmssen »

Hi - I'm happily using Veeam Agent for Windows in free mode to back up my personal machine to a USB drive. Lately I'm seeing errors like this:

BITBOY-I7 Error 04:00:02 04:16:43 0.0 B 0.0 B 0.0 B 0:16:40 Error: bad allocation Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

The job will start again and then work. What's happening here? The wording feels like a disk error, but is it on the target or the source? Also, today the job restarted but hung at "processing" until I cancelled.

Edit HannesK: removed logs due to forum rules

Help! thanks all...
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: occasional backup error

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
please understand that the forum does not replace support. Do you have a case number?

Real disk errors have a clear error message (I have seen them before).

Best regards,
Hannes
solmssen
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Andrew Solmssen

Post by solmssen »

Hi Hannes - sorry to violate the forum rules. I searched for the error and thought this might be a place to understand what was happening, and in particular whether it was the source or target throwing issues. The job completed today, so whatever's happening is transient.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hi,
no problem - the point is, that we can only do "guessing" without full logs. That's why I asked you to open a support case.

Best regards,
Hannes