Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
jonz
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: JONATHON ZENER

Tuning data aggregation periods

Post by jonz »

Hi there,

Is it possible to use non-standard data-aggregation periods such that we can preserve the most maximum granularity beyond the 1 hour period?

My use case is that I'm often called upon to troubleshoot an event that happened within the last few hours, but it is outside of the one hour window.

The ability to preserve the data and look back at a longer time period in full depth would be very helpful. I recognize that this needs to be balanced against database bloat, but hoping that as I've focused the collection of data to just the dozen or so VMs and datastores which I need to monitor that this shouldn't be as much of an issue. In fact, I'd be happy to trade long term (beyond the 24-48 hour period) preservation of historical data for increased granularity of the past 4-6 (or more) hours.

Thanks.

-Jonathon
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Tuning data aggregation periods

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jonathon,

Yes, there is such a possibility (tune the data aggregation settings), but changing these parameters might slow down the UI responsiveness and will definitely increase the database size (to 2-3 times more). Please contact our support team for assistance with this as they need to make sure that after these changes your installation is in good shape.

Thanks!
jonz
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: JONATHON ZENER

Post by jonz »

Thanks for your response. I opened a ticket and am awaiting a response from the support team.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hey Jonathon,

Yes, I see that you don't have an active maintenance (support) contract and you're using a FREE edition of Veeam ONE but I've still managed to negotiate with our support team to help you with this task. ;)