Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
YannickMetz
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Yannick Metz

Cannot find record in table tapestorages..

Post by YannickMetz »

Hello,

my backup to tape jobs fail with the error:
Cannot find record in table TapeStorages for tape storage id 96462cad-8004-47cf-b2c8-0ca203cddbf1 path VMBackup.vm-326492D2019-11-03T232541_5E48.vbk (System.Exception)
The job is configured to copy files from jobs to my tape. For my VM backup i have an forever forward incremental backup configured. So the fullbackup merges with the oldest incremental.
We only keep 8 restore points in our environment. And as the error says, veeam tries to copy a file from 2019-11-03 which already has been merged with the full backup file. Thats why i thnik it cannot be found in the TapeStorages table in the veeam db. makes sense..

but why does the copy job still try to copy this old backup?

Ive opened a ticked. ID: 03886612. Logs are uploaded.

I cannot start the tape job which is our monthly backup, which will be sent to our cold standby. So i am a bit stressed right now.

thank you!
YannickMetz
Enthusiast
Full Name: Yannick Metz

Re: Cannot find record in table tapestorages..

Post by YannickMetz » 2 people like this post

Ive already go an answer from support.

Heres the solution:

How To remove orphaned tape opjects:

1. Make sure none of the jobs are running and close Veeam console; 2. Stop Veeam Backup Service; 3. Create a backup of your Veeam database (https://www.veeam.com/kb1471); 4. Download this archive: #Removed by MOD (Outdated query)
5. Unzip the downloaded archive and execute 'clean_orpthaned_tape_objects95.sql' script against your Veeam database (https://www.veeam.com/kb1443); *note that script is set to be executed against [VeeamBackup] database (the default name). If your Veeam database has a different name, please change it in script's first line.
6. Start Veeam Backup Service.
NickTT
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Nick

Post by NickTT »

I had the same error but when I tried to run this script (Support gave me the same one) I got the following error on line 16.

UPDATE failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or spatial index operations.

To fix it I just had to add the following line before the other SET command in the script:
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

Tape copy job is now working without errors.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Nick,

Thank you for sharing the update. Mind sharing your support case ID for tracking purposes? Cheers!
WesleyUC
Influencer
Full Name: LeslieUC

Post by WesleyUC »

Nice!

This worked for us also.
chertel
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Claus Hertel

Post by chertel »

THX - YannickMetz and NickTT it worked for me , using SQLCMD on Veeam server.