Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
dcampregher
Service Provider
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Diogo Campregher

Integration with the VBR

Post by dcampregher »

Hello,

How can i integrate the Agent for O365 with my VBR 9.5 ? In the user guide i can't find any information about this steps.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Integration with the VBR

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Diogo,

At this moment you can't integrate VBO with VBR. If you have installed VBO on a VM, then you can backup that server with VBR and our system will recognize it is a VBO server and you will be able to do item-level recovery straight from that backupped server.

Hope it helps
Mike
dcampregher
Service Provider
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Diogo Campregher

Post by dcampregher »

Hello Mike,

Very weird because in the last presentation that i've see in the webinar, the PPT show that is possible to integrate it with the VBR to use the repository on VBR and to use other operations like backup to tape.

The same presentation show that is possible restore any data from VBO to Exchange on premisse.
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton »

If VBR is using a Windows or CIFS repository, then the disk that VBO uses could wind up being the same disk as VBR. So it's like you're putting it on the repository but it's not through any sort of integration with VBR.

Joe
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Diogo,

Yep, that is exactly what I said. You can backup the VM to your VBR repository. What won't work (And maybe that is what you mean) is storing the data directly on the VBR repository from the solution itself since that VBO repository is not the same as a VBR repository due to the nature of the service. From the moment you have it on a VM, and back it up like any other VM, VBR will recognize that it is a VBO server and give you the possibility to restore that data.

Maybe there was something not clearly told in that presentation. Can you recall what presentation it was and I will have a look
Thanks
Mike
cmor1701d
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Seymour Halpern

[MERGED] REQUEST- Iintegration with Veeam B&R

Post by cmor1701d »

I know this topic has been brought up in the past. Integration with B&R was implied as a next release feature.
Is that still the case, and when can we expect that?

Would installing this on the B&R server be a bad idea for now, (interfere with normal B&R jobs)?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, this feature is still on the radar, but we cannot share any ETA yet. As to your second question, then please take a look at this topic > Can we install Veeam O365 on server that has BR9?
william88
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: William R.

Post by william88 »

Hello Mike,

Sorry to update this post.

I thought when reading your previous messages that it was possible via the VBR console to restore (or read) individual items (for example emails) saved with VBO365 which is installed on a virtual machine saved by VBR (with the option "application-aware processing "enabled). However, your support assures me that it is not supported.

Can you elaborate a bit on what you meant?

Thank you.

Have a good day
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi William, could you share the support case ID?

What Mike is talking about is that if you use VBR to back up VBO365, you can right-click on the VBO365 machine and perform restores via the Veeam Explorer directly.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
william88
Enthusiast

Post by william88 »

Hi Niels,

Thank you for your reply.
The support case ID is # 03907092

If we can't restore individual emails with Exchange Explorer from VBR in a VBO365 backup file, what is the best and fastest way to perform an email recovery (in the event that the VM containing VBO365 is out of service for example) ? Restore full VM ?

Thank you
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

William, I notice you are running VBO V4 and VBR U4. We are currently looking into and will update here as we have more info.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
william88
Enthusiast

Post by william88 »

Niels, thank you, I will check this topic later.
william88
Enthusiast

Post by william88 »

Hi,

The technical support has tried to restore VBO item from VBR with the Explorers provided in the VBO installation package (VeeamExplorerForExchange_4.0.0.1345.msi and VeeamExplorerForSharePoint_4.0.0.1345.msi) and it works.
However they "do not have any official statement in or user guide whether or not this feature is officially supported".

Once they have an agreement, they will let me know and I will inform you on this forum.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

William,

In the next few weeks we will release some updates to make sure that the explorers can be used with both VBR and VBO.
william88
Enthusiast

Post by william88 »

Thank you Mike.
lancewicz
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Piotr Lancewicz

[MERGED] Problem with Exploler - on same machine with VB&R

Post by lancewicz »

I have installed comunity edition of Veeam Backup for Microsoft365 and in 2nd stage Veeam Backup & Replication. All fresh downloads.
VB - 4.0.0.1345
VB&R - 9.5.4.2866

I make backup of tenant and when trying to open getting error that incompatybile server version.

I read some post and from update3 it should be possible? What I can do now to solve this issue and keep both products on one machine?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Piotr, can you follow the advice from William above to restore data? Meanwhile, we will update this topic with a way how to configure it.
william88
Enthusiast

Post by william88 » 1 person likes this post

I can confirm that after installing Veeam Explorers provided in the VBO package on the VBR server, I can restore Exchange Online emails from the backup of our VBO365 virtual machine that is store on VBR repository (from VBR console).
Explorers on VBR were versions 9.5.4.2866/1090 and after installing those provided in VBO package in version 9.5.4.2866/1345. On VBO, versions of Explorers are 4.0.0.1345/1345.
As support told me : "In case VBO explorer was installed on top of the VBR explorer their versions are combined: 9.5.4.2866/1090 + 4.0.0.1345/1345 = 9.5.4.2866/1345."

Small detail : Our VBO respository was on Windows 2019 ReFs filesystem and our VBR on Windows 2016 which prevented us to use the Application Items or file level recovery.
After reinstalling VBO repository on Windows 2016 ReFs filesystem, everything works normally.