Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
srebucci
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: vmware

Change Virtual Lab Datastore

Post by srebucci »

Hello everybody,
when I initially created my first Lab I was trying the B&R trial so I decided to put the Virtual Lab Datastore on a slow one. Then we decided to buy the product and now I'm using it in production: I recently obtained new space on SAN on fast disks so I wanna to change the location of the datastore. Trying to edit the Virtual Lab I cannot change this settings: do I need to rebuild the Virtual Lab from scratch?

Thanks,
Simone
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Change Virtual Lab Datastore

Post by foggy »

Simone, there is no such functionality and you have to create your vlab anew. Thanks.
srebucci
Enthusiast

Post by srebucci »

Ok I've recreated it but I've lost all my Surebackup jobs 'cause they are connected to it. Luckily, I've saved every settings of them in a Excel file but there is no warning about it....
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Correct order not to lose the jobs is the following:
1. Create the new Virtual Lab.
2. Update existing SureBackup jobs to use the newly created lab.
3. Remove the original Virtual Lab.

Are you positive you did not get a warning when deleting the Virtual Lab that dependent objects will also be removed?
srebucci
Enthusiast

Post by srebucci »

Clearly, yesterday I was out of my mind: this morning I tried again to delete the Virtual Lab as you suggested, I have seen the message "Are you sure you want to delete 'Virtual Lab Test' and 1 job linked to it?" and the checkbox "Cleanup ESX". I'm sorry to have doubt of the B&R interface: it's already perfect, simply it's better do that I do tasks like this in the morning ....

Thanks,
Simone
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

No worries, I know what you are saying... some days it takes me couple of coffees as well ;)