Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
henryli2006
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Henry Li

Active Full and Tape Copy Job

Post by henryli2006 »

HI,
Just started using Veeam. I think this forum will be a very good place to get some newbie's questions cleared. thanks in advance.

We have active full running every Sat. And a secondary backup to tape also scheduled on last Sat of every month. So there is one day a month that we have both the active full supposed to be the first copy I think, and then the secondary tape backup.

Question: will the secondary job always wait for the periodic active full to finish before running? If they are scheduled on the same day. I think the periodic full is considered the 1st copy job that would run first right?

thanks
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Active Full and Tape Copy Job

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Henry and welcome to The Forums!
1. No, Tape Job will not wait for main Backup Job to finish. It will start according to it's scheduled time. Split jobs in time or chain them.
2. With Veeam's Virtual Full Tape backup, you don't even need to have a Full Backup that day on a disk. Veeam can synthesize Virtual Tape Full Backup on the flight from existing increments on disk!
/Cheers!