Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
check4backup
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: check4backup

Tape Job - wrong task sequence - file list before shadow copy

Post by check4backup »

Hi,
i have an tape job (file to tape), shadow copy ist enabled. Veeam creates according to the logfile the file list and then the shadow copy. This is the wrong order, because the files of the volume can change during the session. The correct way would be to create a shadow copy first and then create the file list.

For deleted files the following is logged:
[14.05.2020 08:28:45] <46> Error [TapeBatchFileBackup] An error occurred during the backup: F:\[file] Reason: Problem with reading from source
[14.05.2020 08:28:45] <46> Error [TapeBatchTransfer] Error:
[14.05.2020 08:28:45] <46> Error Problem with reading from source

New files are not backed up if they are created.

Best regards
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Tape Job - wrong task sequence - file list before shadow copy

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
please provide a case number, otherwise I need to delete the topic.

Thanks for your understanding,
Hannes
check4backup
Enthusiast

Post by check4backup »

If you think an error is fixed by deleting the message, then please do so. Usually bugs are fixed by the developer. Look in the forum. Here many things are answered without a CaseID. If you really want to be right, please delete this. We pay for software, not bugs. Many questions are technical issues, because we have paid for an technical product.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Please note that this community is currently not a part of Veeam service and support offering. If you'd like to participate in this community, please follow its rules provided when you click New Topic. If you disagree with those rules, you simply should not participate.

If you want to ensure that bugs are fixed by the developer, then you need to follow the correct process of submitting your technical issues to development, for example: provide us the full support log package to enable investigation, instead of just a single error message. This is explained in more details following the red warning, when you click New Topic.

Thanks for understanding!
check4backup
Enthusiast

Post by check4backup »

It is currently not possible to open a case. You can fill out the form, but you cannot send it. No message, all fields are completed. The forum rules want a CaseID. But I can't get one.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

Could you leverage another browser to see if the issue with our support page is resolved then? We have no known issues right now with the portal so it should work fine.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
check4backup
Enthusiast

Post by check4backup »

Yesterday I tried with Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Edge Chromium, also with deleting temporary internet files. It didn't work. Now it works with Firefox.
# 04177114
It is useless to write here in the forum in the future, if I have to contact the support directly anyway. So the matter might be handled twice. I also have to do it twice.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, you're right that technical issues troubleshooting must be done with the support team and not via these forums. Thanks!