Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TimLawhead
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Tim Lawhead

Rescan of HP StoreOnce Repository is not importing deleted backup copy job data. CASE #04171026

Post by TimLawhead »

I have 2 HP StoreOnce 4500s, both running at 3.18.18-1945.1, that are being used as a backup repository. The data is moved to it with a backup copy job, copying from a disk storage repository to them.

I deleted some backup copy jobs in the process of reorganizing my backups but not the data on the StoreOnces. Both of them were rescanned, imported lots of the old jobs and I went through and started clearing out jobs that had gotten past their retention.

One of my StoreOnces is starting to run out of space. I reviewed the Catalyst Store and found a deleted job, but is not showing up in the imported jobs section.

Twice this morning I attempted to import the data from the deleted jobs on the StoreOnce repo by rescanning the repo but the jobs and the data are not all showing up. I rebooted both StoreOnces and rescanned the repos, but the missing job didn't show up in the Imported section.

I have opened a ticket, but am curious if anyone had seem a similar issue and found a resolution.

TIA.
soncscy
Veteran
Liked: 312 times
Full Name: Harvey

Re: Rescan of HP StoreOnce Repository is not importing deleted backup copy job data. CASE #04171026

Post by soncscy » 1 person likes this post

Hi Tim,

I think you can just hop into the Files Tab on Veeam and delete it. At least, for the vsa my lab, I have the option -- and I'm not sure if they react the same.
TimLawhead
Enthusiast

Re: Rescan of HP StoreOnce Repository is not importing deleted backup copy job data. CASE #04171026

Post by TimLawhead »

Didn't think to look in the Files section. Yes - I see the old job in that location. I have been deleting the backup jobs from the Home -> Backups Disk (Imported) section if the whole backup had expired from our retention needs and going into jobs and removing individual VMs if the VM was no longer needing retained but other VMs in the jobs still were needed.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

There's a chance the job was lacking its VBM for some reason, preventing backups from being correctly imported. As a workaround, you could use PS to import this backup. Removing it via the Files node is also ok though.
TimLawhead
Enthusiast

Post by TimLawhead »

Yes the VBM file is missing. There's about 1500 objects in the folder. I'll take a look at the PowerShell, maybe there's a way to get it to run through and import the whole folder.
TimLawhead
Enthusiast

Post by TimLawhead »

Alright, cleaned up all the files I could that were past retention and have it down to just the .vbk and .vib files that I need to keep, but what I'm not seeing in the PS is a way to enumerate a list of the files in a HPE StoreOnce directory that Veeam can see in the Files section.

I was able to use Get-VBRBackupRepository to get the Path and then use the Example 2 from the Import-VBRBackup to import a single file, but I'd really like to not have to type every single file name for any files that I may need to restore.

Any suggestions? TIA
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Unfortunately, this command allows for importing of a single file only. You can script it to enumerate all of them though.
TimLawhead
Enthusiast

Post by TimLawhead »

Foggy - I'm sure I could type out all the names of the files define them as $backups and do a foreach loop on them, but I'd rather use PS to create the list for me. What I'm failing to see is which PS command lets me list the files in a repository directory?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Can this script be of any help here? Thanks!
TimLawhead
Enthusiast

Post by TimLawhead »

Veremin - thanks. That is a start. It was able to give me the file names across the StoreOnce, but skipped the folder that doesn't have a .vbm job file tied to it.
TimLawhead
Enthusiast

Post by TimLawhead » 2 people like this post

Thank you all for the responses and helping me out.

Since I have found were I can see the files in the VBR Client and have at least a method to pull a file in 1 at a time manually, I I have moved my more specific question of enumerating the files in a directory on the StoreOnce without a .vbm file/backup job name to the PowerShell Forum: Enumerate files in a backup repository - with no backup job/.vbm file