Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cphillips
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Colin Phillips

Backup copy job failure

Post by cphillips »

Hi,

I have a Backup Copy job which is set to keep 7 days of backups. It has been running successfully for 7 days, but when it ran in the early hours of this morning it emailed me the following error for all 3 VMs which I backup:

Code: Select all

Failed to merge full backup file Error: Agent: Failed to process method {Transform.Patch}: Operation not supported Failed to clone file extent. Source offset: 17870848, target offset: 9375334400, length: 4096
Failed to create restore point 03/06/2020 02:03:04
Failed to generate points Error: Agent: Failed to process method {Transform.Patch}: Operation not supported Failed to clone file extent. Source offset: 17870848, target offset: 9375334400, length: 4096
This is Veeam 10 Community Edition.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Backup copy job failure

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Colin,

Kindly provide a Support Case ID. According to forum rules you have to provide it when posting a technical issue.

Also, please check if there were some changes made on your repository. For example, similar problem could occur for backup job pointed to ReFS 3.0 based repository after ReFS volume changes.

Thanks!
cphillips
Influencer

Post by cphillips »

Natalia,

Now logged, case is #04222524.

There have been no changes to the repository (Debian server running XFS filesystem on the drive holding the backup copies).

Regards
Colin
cphillips
Influencer

Post by cphillips »

I have noticed that on the Backup Properties of the Backup Copy Jobs, the status of the Full job is showing as incomplete. I assume this has something to do with the issue. It's the same for all VMs I am backing up.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Colin,
I have noticed that on the Backup Properties of the Backup Copy Jobs, the status of the Full job is showing as incomplete.
Might not be related to the issue: backup copy job can resume the upload of incomplete restore point during the next job run (to transfer only missing blocks). When it happens - restore point is marked as incomplete but the following job run will upload the needed data to make such restore point operational. Please keep working with our support team and let us know how investigation goes. Cheers!
cphillips
Influencer

Post by cphillips »

Dima,

Ok, thanks for explaining that.

I've not heard from the support team at Veeam yet, hopefully they will be in touch soon!
cphillips
Influencer

Post by cphillips »

Well, I received an email saying this had been closed. I had no contact at all so guess it's not a priority. I still have the issue, has anyone come across this before as I could do with resolving it.