Management reporting and documentation
Snewts
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Newton

Customizing the number of datastores in a report.

Post by Snewts »

We are current evaluating veeam report for our company but have hit a problem with your product when trying to produce reports in respect to datastore information.
All of our production LUN’s are based on our CX4 which is great but we also have disks located in each of our ESX servers for local OS and not VM’s.
Veeam will report on all space (all datastores) in the cluster and not just the space on the CX4, which in turn gives me report with incorrect information. (more space than I use for my product network).
Is there any way to pick which datastores I want to report on.

Thanks

Steve
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Customizing the number of datastores in a report.

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Steve,

Could you please tell me what report you're trying to generate? If it is an Infrastructure report from a base report pack, then you may want to use filter options in this report to separate local datastores from shared ones.

To do that you need to add "multiple host access" parameter to the report and filter all datastores based on this condition through "custom filters" option.

Let me know if this is what you've been looking for. Thanks!
Snewts
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Newton

Post by Snewts »

Hi There

That's great and works with the base report pack but its more to do with the capacity planning report pack>WHAT_IF Add VW (template)

Thanks again for the quick response

Steve
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Oh I see, unfortunately, this is not available for capacity planning, but this is a good feedback for our new capacity planning report pack which will be shipped with Veeam ONE v6.