Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
mmeier
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Matthias Meier

Service "Veeam Archiver Proxy" have to bee restarted every 2..3 days to run backups properly

Post by mmeier »

Hi,

every 2..3 days hourly O365 backups (SharePoint + OneDrive for 74 accounts) are failing. After restarting "Veeam Archiver proxy" service, backups are running again for some time.
Version is up-to-date: 4b (Build 4.0.0.2549)
Backupserver (Win2016) seems to be properly configured and has 2 cpu's and 24GB RAM.
There is no additional load on the system when backups are failing.

Any ideas how to fix or where to look?
Thanks and Best Regards, Matthias
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Service "Veeam Archiver Proxy" have to bee restarted every 2..3 days to run backups properly

Post by nielsengelen »

The amount of cpu is a bit low, the minimum amount of cpu we advise is 4 per our system requirements. I would advise to add some more cpu power and see what happens. If this keeps happening, you should contact support and let us know the support case ID.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Service "Veeam Archiver Proxy" have to bee restarted every 2..3 days to run backups properly

Post by Mike Resseler »

@mmeier

Please create immediately a support call. If my memory servers me right, we are having another case with this specific issue so I would like this investigated if it is the same problem. Is the memory getting full by any change?
mmeier
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Matthias Meier

Post by mmeier »

thank you for all replies,

@nielsengelen: the 2 CPUs are 2 x E5640 quad-core, so total of 8 cores. Should be sufficient, as long as there are no additional processes running. And that seems not to be the case.
@Mike Resseler: yes, I will open a call soon.