Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
chanklish
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

enable application aware processing

Post by chanklish »

hello
i am trying to backup 2 vm , one rdp server and one domain controller - is enable application aware processing is enabled i received this error

Code: Select all

Failed to create VM recovery checkpoint (mode: Veeam application-aware processing) Details: Failed to create VM (ID: 842a8c54-e38e-4f3d-9ff6-d11fd5705ba9) recovery checkpoint. Job failed ('Checkpoint operation for 'RDP-Serv' failed. (Virtual machine ID 842A8C54-E38E-4F3D-9FF6-D11FD5705BA9) Production checkpoints cannot be created for 'RDP-Serv'. (Virtual machine ID 842A8C54-E38E-4F3D-9FF6-D11FD5705BA9)'). Error code: '32770'.
Retrying snapshot creation attempt (Failed to create production checkpoint.)
Task has been rescheduled
Queued for processing at 7/5/2020 7:20:13 PM
Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: Failed to create VM (ID: 842a8c54-e38e-4f3d-9ff6-d11fd5705ba9) recovery checkpoint. Job failed ('Checkpoint operation for 'RDP-Serv' failed. (Virtual machine ID 842A8C54-E38E-4F3D-9FF6-D11FD5705BA9) Production checkpoints cannot be created for 'RDP-Serv'. (Virtual machine ID 842A8C54-E38E-4F3D-9FF6-D11FD5705BA9)'). Error code: '32770'.
the job is successful when i disabled application aware processing

vm are windows server 2008R2 fully patched
what can i check ?
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: enable application aware processing

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi, as per our forum rules, You must include Veeam support case ID or your post will be removed within 24 hours. Please contact support and let us know the ID.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
chanklish
Enthusiast

Post by chanklish »

What case id ? It is free veeam ..should inopen a case first?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, you can open a case with the free version as well. It will be processed based on staff availability. Thanks!
chanklish
Enthusiast

Post by chanklish » 1 person likes this post

Case #04267559
chanklish
Enthusiast

[MERGED] backup best practices

Post by chanklish »

Hello
I have 2 hyperv VM : one domain controller 2008R2 and one SQL server 2008R2
I have veeam community edition running - what is the best practices to backup these 2 vm ? I tried "enable application aware processing" but the backup always fail
what should i do ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: backup best practices

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

The best practice is to, indeed, enable application-aware processing for your critical applications. If you have any errors during the backup job, then please contact our support team or try to use forum search for similar errors.

Thanks!
chanklish
Enthusiast

Re: backup best practices

Post by chanklish »

hello Vitaliy and thank you for your help
i opened a thread and case with this since July : microsoft-hyper-v-f25/enable-applicatio ... 67970.html

Case #04267559

but got no help at all , not on the post and not from the case ( the support told me that they don't have time because i'm on a community version !!)

can you just give me indication of the correct steps ?!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, our support provides help to paid users first and then based on resources availability offer support to customers using the community edition. Try looking through existing topics with the same error message, maybe you will be able to find a solution to your issue.
chanklish
Enthusiast

Post by chanklish »

this is a very bad business model ..how can your future client test your app if it doesnt work :D
thank you for non-existing help
vmtech123
Veeam Legend
Liked: 133 times
Full Name: SP

Post by vmtech123 » 2 people like this post

I 100% disagree. Veeam has some of the best support around.

On that note, They do help community members when they are not too busy which may have been the case. That is an AMAZING business model :)

An employee told you do do a search, which was pretty good advice. I have solved many minor issues on my own with these forums as the employees do frequently visit them and help out. Another check mark for a great business model.

He then proceeded to DO the search for you and paste a link for you to just click on. (HINT HINT)

I'd like to say thanks to Veeam, Vitaliy, Gostev, Foggy, and Dima for replying to my posts in the recent weeks.
chanklish
Enthusiast

Post by chanklish »

Thank you VMtech123 for simping and your worthless post

the problem was fixed by another vendor , issue was an update to the integration services
all the links posted were not even related to the question or the problem - bad support
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev » 2 people like this post

chanklish wrote: Aug 26, 2020 11:11 am this is a very bad business model ..how can your future client test your app if it doesnt work :D
thank you for non-existing help
Future clients aka prospects are supposed to use a trial version, which comes with a technical support. This is highlighted when you click New Topic (big red link). Thanks!
nazrul
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Nazrul

Post by nazrul »

chanklish wrote: Aug 27, 2020 8:15 am Thank you VMtech123 for simping and your worthless post

the problem was fixed by another vendor , issue was an update to the integration services
all the links posted were not even related to the question or the problem - bad support
Good sir, may I know what is the solution for this issues?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Nazrul,

This thread is quite old and possible the mentioned solution for this error / issue is not longer relevant. If you have similar issue please raise a support case and let us know how the investigation goes. Thank you!