Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
IntegratedIntern
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Job fails with Managed Session failed - Case #04354878

Post by IntegratedIntern »

Hello

I have opened a case with Veeam but have yet to receive a response. I have seen a few forum posts about this same issue but no solutions.

I have a remote server that i need backed up but it fails with the following "Error: Managed session 3f5425c3-9d41-426b-91c7-d250ae794c5b has failed"

I have tried giving network service rights for remote access on the machine. I have checked that the two machines can recognize each other through DNS as well.

Any other possibilities would be helpful :).
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Job fails with Managed Session failed - Case #04354878

Post by Dima P. »

Hello IntegratedIntern,

Please check if you can open admin share on the agent machine from Veeam B&R machine? What's set to be the target for the agent job (Veeam B&R repository or the local storage)? Can you rescan such host via Inventory > Protection group rescan option? Thanks!
IntegratedIntern
Novice

Post by IntegratedIntern »

Hello Dima

Thanks for the response :)

The repository is on a separate backup machine hosting the Job. I have re-scanned the machine and ran the job with the same outcome.

I am also able to access the storage for the backup job from the machine.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for the update. I do see that support team received a new portion of debug logs, so let await for the investigation results. Cheers!
IntegratedIntern
Novice

Post by IntegratedIntern » 1 person likes this post

Hello

Just incase someone stumbles across this thread looking for help. We discovered the cause of the issue but had to move the backup in order to complete it properly.

The issue was that the Registry key for the agent machine was listing the wrong DNS name (Computer\HKLM\Software\Veeam\Veeam EndPoint Backup). The DNS for the V&B machine had a different Pre-Windows2000 DNS name than the regular DNS name. In the REGEDIT on the Agent machine it listed the Pre-Windows2000 which was causing the connection issue.

Our solution unfortunately had to be that we created the job on a different backup server since changing the DNS name was not an option for that machine. I hope this helps.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

IntegratedIntern,

Interesting issue, glad you are up and running now. Thanks a lot for sharing the solution with the community!