Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
dmitry-ch
Novice
Liked: never

error: index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

Post by dmitry-ch »

case number is 04355065
When trying to make a backup copy on Windows 10, VBR 10 displays an error "error: index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length". The agent is installed on the computer remotely, through the VBR, other computers connected to the same VBR, and making copies to the same repository, do everything without errors.
tell me where to look?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: error: index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

Post by Vitaliy S. »

There are no similar threads with the same error, so please continue working with our support team as logs review is required here. On a side note, make sure you're running the latest Agent and VBR version, might help. Thanks!
dmitry-ch
Novice
Liked: never

Re: error: index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

Post by dmitry-ch »

I am using the latest version of VBR and agent, the logs are attached to the request for technical support.
Technical support has been silent for a week now, since I'm a free user, I can't wait for a long time.
If I post the logs here, will it help?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Unfortunately, posting logs in these forums is forbidden by forum rules as all technical issues must be handled by the support team, not over these forums. Try playing with remote agent settings, for example, check if local backups work or display the same error, then create another job on that agent and target it to the VBR repository, etc. These steps should help you in narrowing down the issue, while you're waiting for the support team to reply. Thanks!