Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
cre8toruk
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Error: Hyper-V Integration Service is not accessible through the network on source host

Post by cre8toruk »

Hi All,

just implementing Veeam for my company.
I've created a backup job to backup a few VM's spread across a few servers.
I'm getting the error "Error: Hyper-V Integration Service is not accessible through the network on source host nnnnn" when certain VM's backups are attempted but not on others.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to resolve this?

Kind regards.

Paul.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Error: Hyper-V Integration Service is not accessible through the network on source host

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Paul,

First: Welcome to the forums!
Second: There could be a lot going on. But it will be difficult to find a solution with only that amount of information.

For example, this error can be seen in case there are issues with SR-IOV (underlying firmware/ drivers mismatch) (if you would be using that). Or the specific VMs don't have their integrations tools not running (check that to start with).

Is it Hyper-V 2016? In that case, check if you can take a PRODUCTION checkpoint from the Hyper-V console. Does it work (and is it a production and not a failover to a standard checkpoint).

But to be honest, I think the fastest way to resolve this is create a support ticket. Please post the case ID here and the outcome after the investigation of our engineers.

Thanks
Mike
ymaceo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Yen Maceo

Re: Error: Hyper-V Integration Service is not accessible through the network on source host

Post by ymaceo »

Hi, please make sure the Veeam Hyper-V Integration Service is running into your host.

Sorry for my english.
gtrspctr
Novice
Liked: never

Post by gtrspctr »

Hey I know this is old, but just for people Googling...

I had this error, and it's because Windows Firewall was on/misconfigured on the Hyper-V host. I could ping it from the Veeam server, but couldn't access through file explorer, which is what gave me the hint.

Once I figured out the right ports for Veeam and SMB and the correct IP info for the remote Veeam server, it worked in file explorer. Was then able to successfully rescan the HV host and then run the jobs.