Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Components Update Loop

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Hi guys,

Just upgraded to VeeamBR 9.5U4b, but now we have an update loop where every time I open VeeamBR it asks to update components, but when Apply is selected it says "All components have been upgraded". The backups fail, with an error that it won't run successfully until the components are updated ("Source host x.x.x.x requires Veeam integration components to be upgraded). The IP refers to the new Hyper-V Host, Server 2019. Closing VeeamBR and opening again then asks for the components to be upgraded.

Any ideas?
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Re: Components Update Loop

Post by AlexLeadingEdge » 1 person likes this post

Nevermind, turned out to be an authenication issue, which meant no access to the ADMIN$ share. Weird that VeeamBR said that it had completed the job when it had not.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

The issue has returned :(
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran

Post by AlexLeadingEdge » 1 person likes this post

Case # 03785222

All resolved now after deleting all the Veeam components on the Hyper-V host and getting the backup server to push them out again.
andreash
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Andreas Holzhammer

[MERGED] Source host requires VEEAM integration components to be upgraded?

Post by andreash »

Hi,

I'm currently building a test-case here with veeam community edition to backup Hyper-V 2012R2 (4VMs) and 2019 (3 VMs) to replace another backup product :-)

I first installed a separate 2019 VM on the 2019 host, installed VEEAM community edition 10.0.1.4854 and registered both hosts successfully as managed hosts.
For the test I added a CIFS repository and created a backup job with VMs from both hosts.

The job fails for both hosts with "Error: Source host 10.0.0.x requires VEEAM integration components to be upgraded".
No updates are available for VEEAM through the VEEAM console. Both hosts had been updated recently.
I had a look at the veeam logs as well, but could only find the same error there.

Any idea what I might have missed? We are using VEEAM on several ESX hosts with no issues, but this is the first Hyper-V install.

Kind Regards
Andreas
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Adnreas,

Moved your post to the existing thread to keep similar issues together.
I would suggest to open a Support case for the logs analysis if the suggested solutions don't work for you.
You might also find interesting the discussions from this thread.

Thanks!
andreash
Enthusiast

Post by andreash »

Hi Natalia,
thanks for putting this into the right place.

Support Ticket is #04472637.
Things tried so far:
- reinstalling Hyper-V Integration Services on both hosts
- removing database-entries and re-adding Hyper-V Integration Services via VEEAM console
- re-creating VEEAM database
- disabled firewalls on all affected servers
- access to admin$ shares on the hyper-v hosts is fine

Stopping the Hyper-V Integration Service on the hosts yields the same error, so it appears to be related to the veeam server instance.

I have now installed a second backup server with VEEAM 9.5 and get the same error.

Kind Regards
Andreas
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for providing support case ID. I see you have quite an active debate with Support.
Let's wait for Support to analyse your situation and suggest the new solution.

Thanks!
andreash
Enthusiast

Post by andreash »

To sum this up: The issue came down to be with the credentials I used.

We have two non-AD Hyper-V hosts, and I had added them to the VEEAM console with "\Administrator" as username. This allowed to deploy the VEEAM services on the hosts and showed all drives/VMs on the hosts. All looked fine, but backups failed.
Changing the username to "HOSTNAME\Administrator" led to another error, so we went down that path and removed all VEEAM services from the Hyper-V hosts and re-added them the the console.
Backups are working fine now.

I am absolutely amazed by the level of support VEEAM offered in this case, given that this is not yet a licensed installation!

Many Thanks!
Andreas