Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
wdg
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: wdg

Is it possible to restore the system using one bootloader from different backups?

Post by wdg »

I created a task to backup the system, used it for a while, created an image for recovery in case of a system crash.
Then I deleted this task (I did not delete the backup files and the recovery image) and created another task.
Questions:
1. Can I restore the system from the backup files of any of the selected tasks in case of a system crash using the same recovery image (bootloader) created in the first task.
2. Can I restore the system from the backup files of any of the selected tasks without crashing the system and without using a recovery image.
(Google Translate).
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Is it possible to restore the system using one bootloader from different backups?

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

1. Yes. Recovery Image can be used with any volume-level backup

2. You can restore files from any of the selected tasks (backup task = backup job), you don't need a Recovery Image for that. To restore the system you need to use a Recovery Image.

Thanks!
wdg
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: wdg

Re: Is it possible to restore the system using one bootloader from different backups?

Post by wdg »

you don't need a Recovery Image for that
- I agree, I wrote there incorrectly.