Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
matimoto
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mateusz Kilinski

How to restore backup when I cannot boot with Recovery Media?

Post by matimoto »

Hello there! I have a VPS where I can't boot from custom ISO aka Veeam Recovery Media. I can choose Debian 9 Live CD or Arch Linux to boot as a Rescue System. I can't install Veeam Agent in Debian 9 Live Tenant because of this error

So my question is simple - how can I restore backup when I can't boot my machine from VRM?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: How to restore backup when I cannot boot with Recovery Media?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
can you maybe tell us which kind of virtual private server you are using? Chances are high, that bare metal restore cannot work there because the service provider uses a shared kernel (well, that should be more an issue with backup).

As for the error message: you can try to resolve the dependencies first. But not sure whether that's possible on that recovery media. https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=40

To answer your question: customers use Azure or AWS where we have dedicated products for, or can also restore agent backups with "direct restore to AWS / Azure". Or they just boot to a fresh system and only restore the data afterwards.

Best regards,
Hannes