Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jtupeck
Enthusiast
Liked: 22 times
Full Name: Jason Tupeck

v11 Using Tag Combinations - Guest OS Creds Test Issue

Post by jtupeck »

Something I noticed and reported during the v11 beta testing is that when you use multiple vSphere Tags to add your VMs to a job, the Guest OS credentials test does not enumerate the VMs in the job. The job works fine, but the guest creds test essentially fails because it reports that there are zero VMs in the job. When adding VMs with a single tag, the test works fine and it only seems to occur when adding VMs via a combination of tags. Has anyone else noticed this and/or is Support aware of the issue? Seems like it should be an easy fix, as there is obviously code in the application that works properly, seeing as the Virtual Machines page of the Backup Job settings shows the amount of data the tag combination represents.

I have images, will post as soon as I find a place to stick them online and edit this post.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: v11 Using Tag Combinations - Guest OS Creds Test Issue

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi Jason, thanks for the heads up - will try to confirm the behavior internally and get back.
jtupeck
Enthusiast
Liked: 22 times
Full Name: Jason Tupeck

Post by jtupeck »

Thanks, foggy. Here are the images:

And just for giggles, an image of the Exclusions page to verify that nothing is being removed from the job, here:

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your feedback! We've confirmed a bug and will fix it in the upcoming update (test credentials is the only affected area, so backup jobs should run just fine). Cheers!