Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
FR8dawg
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dave Purscell

Feature Request: Integration with BrightGauge

Post by FR8dawg »

Love Veeam ONE. Would really like an integration with BrightGauge so that I can plaster this important information on ever screen in our department... in rotation with all of the other super critical information I display on every screen in the department.
Dave Purscell
IT Director
Steele County (MN)
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Feature Request: Integration with BrightGauge

Post by Andreas Neufert »

I think Veeam ONE natively has this capability to share information in full screen (F11) and rotate those. I remember one of my customers doing this. I will ask arround.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Dave,

As far as I see on the BrightGauge website, they write integrations themselves using "add-ons" utilizing available interfaces in the products they integrate with, so I suppose this request should go directly to BrightGauge. They have already created an integration with VSPC and the same approach should work for VONE. Potentially, they may use our REST API for that. Currently, in v11, we offer a limited scope of REST APIs which we will keep expanding moving forward.

Also, you may want to take a look at our built-in capabilities that allow automated switching between various tabs right within VONE Client, as Andreas mentioned above.

Thanks
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

F11 key usage will full-screen mode it (when you auto switch the tabs based on Fedors link).
FR8dawg
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dave Purscell

Post by FR8dawg »

Fedor (and Andreas),

Thank you for the tips. I will reach out to BrightGauge as well.

While having the built in capability is certainly nice, it assumes the only information I desperately want to have in front of my techs (and myself) is information from VeeamONE. That is a drop in the bucket filled with ticket status / help desk performance, CSAT, IT Glue usage, network availability and throughput, etc. Granted, it is an important drop (which I would very much like to have visible). But just one of many. BrightGauge provides us with a place to centralize those many drops / sources.

For the record, I also want to add weather from Windy.com, but perhaps I'm just getting greedy. :D
Dave Purscell
IT Director
Steele County (MN)
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for reaching back.

We certainly think it makes sense to have everything in a single pane of glass, that's why we are investing in REST APIs and will continue doing so to allow customers and 3rd parties to build any sort of integration with VONE. This is a good example of the direction we are moving in.