Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
lan4you_aw
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andreas Weichinger

Hyper-V Host average memory pressure

Post by lan4you_aw »

Hi,

i have a Windows Server 2016 with Hyper-V, running one Server 2016 VM with Exchange 2016.
Although i think i have configured the Exchange VM according to the recommendations from MS, i constantly get "host average memory pressure" alerts in Veeam ONE (Community Edition).
It exceeds the treshold with values about 114 - 116 %

Host: 48 GB RAM
VM: 16 GB static

Does anyone have a hint how to fix this?

Thanks,
Andreas
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Re: Hyper-V Host average memory pressure

Post by nikolaj »

Hi Andreas and welcome to the forum!

This sounds like technical problem that has to be addressed to our support department.
Once you submit a support case, please provide its ID in this thread for the topic not to be removed as a violation of our guidelines:
You must reference the support case ID when posting about ANY technical issue.
We require case ID to have information about the poster, and for access to the debug logs.
Topics without a support case ID will be removed by moderators. Always open a support case first, then create a forum post.
lan4you_aw
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andreas Weichinger

Post by lan4you_aw »

Hi, thank you. I didn't realize that i can create a support case for the community edition.
Here is my case ID: 04787759
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Post by nikolaj »

Hi Andreas,

I see that your support case has been closed due to high support team load. Not to worry though.
Have you considered allocating additional memory to the VM? Or maybe migrating some VMs from the host to free up some additional memory?

Alternatively, you could use tools such as Procmon and Process Explorer to investigate which processes cause high memory consumption.

Maybe you could share some of your findings here and someone from the community could you give you a hand.