Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ITP-Stan
Service Provider
Liked: 55 times
Full Name: Stan (IF-IT4U)

High sqlservr.exe usage after upgrade to v11

Post by ITP-Stan »

I noticed on 2 different installations that the B&R Console is behaving very slow or does not even show things like job history.
Meanwhile in task manager sqlservr.exe process is using 3.7GB of RAM and is spiking to 25% CPU all the time.
This is the process for the MSSQL$VEEAMSQL2012 service.

Anybody else also having this issue?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: High sqlservr.exe usage after upgrade to v11

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
That sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.

Without case number, the topic will eventually be deleted by moderators.

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: support can only help if you upload logs https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
ITP-Stan
Service Provider

Post by ITP-Stan »

I wanted to know first if it's a common issue before I devote time to working with support on this.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Stan,

This is exactly what our technical support will be happy to do for you since they are maintaining the common issues KB. And just in general, the fastest way to get a solution to a technical issue in a Veeam product is to raise a support case. That's why it is required to specify a case ID when creating a post about a technical issue.

Thanks
ITP-Stan
Service Provider

Post by ITP-Stan »

I have just finished a support case.
It took 4 hours of my time, testing with iperf, downtime for our cloud gateway, multiple times sending logs.
Just to get an answer in the end to create a DWORD DisableHtAsyncIo that seems to solve the issue.

Anyways, I wanted to open a support case, for this issue, but it seems I'm not a case administrator for this system.
I'll maybe open one later on a client system if they have the same issue.

Delete the topic if you'd like.
I would just like to suggest to not exaggerate that support is the fastest way. It's not in my experience.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Well, if you are unhappy with the support service, we can discuss this on a case-by-case basis and drive workflow improvements where we can. Don't get me wrong I'm just saying that this is R&D forum that does not replace the tech. support service and serves completely different needs. Moreover, if there is a real issue, we will not be able to investigate it and distribute a fix for it over the forums - that's why technical support is the only way to get technical issues resolved.

Regarding the case with "DWORD DisableHtAsyncIo", could you please share the ID of that case? I'll ask our support managers to run through it.

As for the case creation process, you may ask a customer to assign you as a case admin to be able to create tickets on behalf of the customer.

Thanks
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
if it was a common issue, then the forums would have more sqlserv.exe posts and I would have merged the topics together ;-)

That's why I recommended support over guessing on the forums. My guess was, that you are undersized... 25% load sounds like a 4 CPU machine (which is undersized). SQL express using 3.7 GB RAM sounds strange, because it only supports 1.4 GB RAM. For a SQL standard, it's normal that it uses all RAM available per default for caching.

The DisableHtAsyncIo sounds interesting if you had to set that with 11a... the case number would be interesting though.

Thanks,
Hannes
ITP-Stan
Service Provider

Post by ITP-Stan » 1 person likes this post

I have a different topic about that case.
post430713.html#p430713