Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
SerSunal
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ser

Maneged Server disconnection after exiting from domain

Post by SerSunal »

I have removed an Maneged Server from the domain that fulfills the role of repository and proxy, and when launching the job the server disconnects and the error message of the job is as follows.

Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: All backup proxies are offline or outdated
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Maneged Server disconnection after exiting from domain

Post by Mildur »

Like we said in the other topic, which you have created, you need to make sure that DNS is working.
And you need to check if credentials are working. You can't use domain credentials to connect to the proxy and repo server.
You must change them. Best way to go forward is to go through the properties of each proxy and backup repo. This will make sure, that you can connect to the proxy and repo with the correct credentials and dns resolution is working.

If you face any technical issues, please open a support case with veeam.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
SerSunal
Enthusiast

Post by SerSunal »

Thank Milsur for you advice.

What happens is that it cannot resolve by name, it is the error that Veea returns, but if I ping from a cmd from Veeam Server to that Managed Server using the name it resolves it and returns the IP therefore the Veeam Server can see a the Managed Server, but when executing the job it failed. Even from the property in Managed Server the port scan fails.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

The proxy needs also be available to resolve the name of the backup repository. Can you checked this too?
All veeam components needs to be available to resolve each others fqdn/hostname to a ip address.
SerSunal
Enthusiast

Post by SerSunal »

I'm doing ping the Veeam Server name from the repository/proxy VM and it has a response and resolves the name. But the Veeam job keeps reporting that the proxy is offline.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

If going through the properties of the proxy and save it again does not resolve it, then please contact veeam support in that case. It‘s now a technical issue to resolve, which needs a support case before opening a new topic.
SerSunal
Enthusiast

Post by SerSunal » 1 person likes this post

I can modify the properties of the proxy, such as the transport method. Apply the changes, but when the job is launched, the Managed Server that fulfills that role is disconnected. I have generated a case to review it.