Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
erik-121
Lurker
Liked: never

Can't upgrade or reinstall

Post by erik-121 »

Hello,

I had on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 a Veeam Backup and Replication Community Edition, I think it was the 9.5. It pops up to update the software, so I thought it was a good idea. I downloaded the 11 version and start the installation, it asked me to install more components like .net or something like these.

But the surprise came when did not finish correctly.

I tried to remove completely the software with Revounistall and install it again but failed.

I want to clean my server of Veeam and install it again as if it was new, but I can't. (I already delete the MSQL and all data under Programm files..)

Any andvice?

Thank you
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Can't upgrade or reinstall

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Erik,

"Failed" is quite vague description to make some suggestion for resolution.
You can investigate installation logs under C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Setup - they will shed the light which component fails to be installed.

/Cheers!
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Erik,

In addition, if the logs don't help, you can always open a Support ticket (actually it's mandatory when you post a technical issue here on forums).

Thanks!
erik-121
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by erik-121 »

I see, but, it is possible to open a Support ticket if I don't have a license for support (I don't pay)
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Yes, of course. This is documented when you open a new topic in the red linked forum rules on top of the page. Support is on best effort. Meaning, cases from paying customers will be prioritized over cases from community edition users.

If this server protects a critical environment, i can only recommend to buy VUL Licensing. You will get guaranteed support and other good features like surebackup jobs or S3 offloading. The backup server is a critical component in each environment and if it’s not running, it could be bad if this backup server protects a productive environment. It‘s your life insurance. :)

Guide:
How to open a case

You can choose as product Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software