Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
AVLoki
Influencer
Liked: never

GFS Tape Full backup: Failed to reset previous connection exception

Post by AVLoki »

Hi all,

i am recently experiencing a GFS Tape Backup issue where 4 primary jobs are being backed up on tape and one of the jobs (always a different one) is giving us this specific error:

Full backup: Failed to reset previous connection exception: The operation completed successfully. Received 0 bytes --tr:Error code: 0x00000000 --tr:Failed to receive RPC frame --tr:Failed to receive RPC response length --tr:Failed to receive rpc response --tr:Overlapped rpc receiver failed --tr:Failed to complete RPC request XID 0, Program: 100003, Program version: 3, Procedure: 3 --tr:Failed to get RPC response --tr:Failed LOOKUP for file [Backup ****** VM], Session: [Host: **************:2049, Local

We switched from nfsv4 repo to nfsv3 repo recently because of some issues with primary job backup on nfsv4.
Since then, everything is ok with primary backups but GFS Tape backups are having problems.

I honestly don't understand if it's a veeam issue or repository issue...

Thanks in advance
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: GFS Tape Full backup: Failed to reset previous connection exception

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
That sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.
Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: support can only help if you upload logs https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
AVLoki
Influencer
Liked: never

Re: GFS Tape Full backup: Failed to reset previous connection exception

Post by AVLoki »

Hello Hannes,

Thank you for your answer.

We are trying to reschedule Tape Job on a different day (we have scheduled on Sunday and this is a pretty busy day for backup jobs, doing fulls that sometimes overlap with Tape Job).

If this is not going to work, I will definitely open a support case and provide all the logs.