Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
danswartz
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Dan Swartzendruber

Odd behavior with running jobs info?

Post by danswartz »

Haven't opened a ticket yet. I've seen the following several times now. When I click on 'last 24 hours' bottom left, it shows 1 running job (which is actually running - i just started it a few minutes ago), but the right side of the window shows TWO jobs. The 2nd one is valid - the one I just started. The first one says '17% completed', but if I click on that line, the job shows as completed successfully, and the date is from 2 days ago. e.g. some kind of leftover? I think last time I saw this, I rebooted the server and when I re-entered the console, the leftover job was gone from that window. Is this worth opening a ticket? Seems harmless...
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Odd behavior with running jobs info?

Post by Mildur »

Which Veeam Version are you running?
With V11a and latest CU patch, it should be fixed.

I assume it‘s the same issue as discussed here:
delayed VBR Console refresh

You don‘t need to reboot, pressing F5 should work too.
Is this worth opening a ticket?
Each technical issue could be worth opening a case. In the end, you help veeam making there product even better when you report bugs :)

For this case, please make sure that you use V11a and latest CU. If the issue still exists with the newest version, best way forward is to open a case with veeam.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
danswartz
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Dan Swartzendruber

Re: Odd behavior with running jobs info?

Post by danswartz »

Oh ho, that sounds like it might be it. When the real job finished, the phantom vanished. If&when I see this again, I'll give F5 a try. Thanks!