Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
iarmour
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ivan Armour

Surebackup Failure - Ping "TimedOut"

Post by iarmour »

Hello folks,

I am having an issue whereby some of my Surebackup jobs are failing to ping some selected servers.

Curiously, I can ping the masquerade IP [192.168.254.206] from the Veeam server whilst the server is booting up, but as soon as computer settings are applied and the Ctrl+Alt+Delete screen appears, ping responses stop and the job fails because of this.

Online information suggests this problem has two main causes: one being the File and Printer option not being listed as an exception in Windows Firewall, the other being a misconfigured virtual lab.

However, Windows Firewall is not enabled on this server and I believe the virtual lab is configured correctly since pinging works fine for Surebackup jobs of other servers in the same subnet, and even on this server until Windows boots up. I can ping the live server without issue. also.

One thing I have tried is disabling IPv6 but this has made no difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am using Veeam Backup and Replication 5.0 [5.0.2.224]. My Veeam Support Case ID is: 5168271

Thanks.
iarmour
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ivan Armour

Re: Surebackup Failure - Ping "TimedOut"

Post by iarmour »

The issue is now resolved. It was not Veeam-related.

I found that Windows Firewall was re-activating upon reboot of the live server, so this was happening on that version of the server being re-animated as part of the Surebackup job, also.

I disabled the Windows Firewall service on the live server, backed it up again and the Surebackup job is now working fine.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Surebackup Failure - Ping "TimedOut"

Post by Gostev »

Good to hear it is working for you now. Thanks for coming back to post the resolution, I really do appreciate it.