Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
FTL
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times

Error: Incorrect function. Agent failed to process method {ReFs.SetFileIntegrity}.

Post by FTL » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

Im not having much luck with Veeam, every day is a different issue cropping up :(

Have just updated v10 to the latest update (10.0.1.4584) and now all my backups fail (HyperV Vm's + Agent backups)

They fail with:

Error: Incorrect function. Agent failed to process method {ReFs.SetFileIntegrity}.

Backup repo is a Synology nas and the Veeam B&R server has an iscsi target to the Synology.

Have seen google posts about adding a “UseCifsVirtualSynthetic” reg key, which appears to be for older version of B&R, tried it anyway as got nothing to lose but doesnt make a difference.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 526 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Error: Incorrect function. Agent failed to process method {ReFs.SetFileIntegrity}.

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

It's not something that we can easily troubleshoot over forum posts, you should open the support case and share debug logs with our support team. You may assign Severity 1 to the request if all production backups continue to fail.

Please share the support case ID with us and bear in mind that the forum posts about technical issues without case ID provided will be eventually removed by moderator.

Thanks!
FTL
Enthusiast

Re: Error: Incorrect function. Agent failed to process method {ReFs.SetFileIntegrity}.

Post by FTL »

Hi,

Managed to get past that error by deleting all jobs and repository and basically starting again.

Thanks
feelgoodeule
Influencer
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by feelgoodeule » 5 people like this post

I had this error today with Veeam B&R 11.0 and two different Synology-NAS with DMS 7.0.1 RC writing to an SMB-Share on the NAS.
Same Issue. No backup to these NAS, both Backup to different NAS failed with "failed to process method refs.setfileintegrity"

Solution:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication]
"UseCifsVirtualSynthetic"=dword:00000000
gorka
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Gorka Izquierdo Bizkarrondo

Post by gorka » 1 person likes this post

Hi,
I created a procedure, according to information that I looked for in a forum
https://aprendiendoavirtualizar.com/vee ... integrity/
Regards!
Ricksege
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rick Segeberg

Post by Ricksege »

This option solved the issue for me. Thanks.
feelgoodeule wrote: Sep 28, 2021 12:06 pm I had this error today with Veeam B&R 11.0 and two different Synology-NAS with DMS 7.0.1 RC writing to an SMB-Share on the NAS.
Same Issue. No backup to these NAS, both Backup to different NAS failed with "failed to process method refs.setfileintegrity"

Solution:
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Post by ejenner » 1 person likes this post

The registry key also worked for me.
rm@kompetera.dk
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rune Mau

Post by rm@kompetera.dk » 1 person likes this post

The reg. change also worked for me.
ftravinsky
Influencer
Full Name: Fedor Travinsky

Post by ftravinsky »

Seems "UseCifsVirtualSynthetic" registry tweak kills Veeam synthetic full fast clone feature, without one synthetic duration is increased in 2x-3x.

Is there any updates on this issue? Should I punch Synology support?
Running latest Synology DSM 7.0.1u3 and latest B&R v11 P20211211.
SMB repository got me "ReFS.SetFileIntegrity" error on all jobs when Btrfs fast clone Synology feature is enabled.
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Hi Fedor,

Could you please explain the purpose to use the mentioned registry key in your specific case? Also, if you see some errors with backup jobs, please raise a support request and share case ID with us.

Thanks!
ftravinsky
Influencer
Full Name: Fedor Travinsky

Post by ftravinsky »

That's a Community installation, support team is overloaded and didn't take the case.

Case is the same as the topic:
Backups to SMB Repository on Synology DSM7.0+ fail with "Agent failed to process method {ReFs.SetFileIntegrity}" unless "UseCifsVirtualSynthetic" disabled.
Got workaround from Google: https://aprendiendoavirtualizar.com/vee ... integrity/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Veeam/comments ... eeam_95u4/
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Hi Fedor,

Support is provided over email on best-effort basis for customers using Community, Free or NFR licensed products. I suggest to try once again, every single attempt increases your chances to get in touch with our engineers.

Thanks!
csm
Service Provider
Liked: never

Post by csm »

Just to note: this is still an issue with VBR 11.0.1.1261 P20220302 :( The cifs registry "hack" fixes it.
marco_itsc
Novice

Post by marco_itsc »

Editing the registry fixed it for me
Still an issue with B&R v. 11.0.1.1261
tinu
Novice

Post by tinu »

I moved a Backup Repository from one Synology Volume to another one and copied all backups to the new location.
After pointing Agent-Backup-Jobs to the new location, the error appeared. This one helped:
feelgoodeule wrote: Sep 28, 2021 12:06 pm I had this error today with Veeam B&R 11.0 and two different Synology-NAS with DMS 7.0.1 RC writing to an SMB-Share on the NAS.

Solution:
harrym
Influencer
Full Name: Harry Manesiotis

Post by harrym »

Hello everyone,

Since this also occurred 9/9/2022 on VBR 11 I figured it may be of use to some still.

The UseCifsVirtualSynthetic registry entry had no effect.

Used procedure below:

Make sure that no jobs are running or wait until they are ended.
Create the following registry key on Veeam Backup Server:
Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREVeeamVeeam Backup and Replication
Name: RefsVirtualSyntheticDisabled
Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 1
Restart Veeam Backup Service to apply changes and run the affected job again.

Credit to this website:
https://tomaskalabis.com/wordpress/veea ... integrity/
tpayton
Veeam Software
Liked: 90 times
Full Name: Tyler Payton

Post by tpayton » 1 person likes this post

A KB article addressing this issue has been published, KB4381: Agent failed to process method {ReFs.SetFileIntegrity}.
The article documents the two scenarios where this issue may occur and full details of the registry values discussed in this thread.
Tyler Payton
Customer Experience Manager / KB Manager