Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
romans
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Roman Singleterry

Version 6 Replica Re-IP Workaround?

Post by romans »

I'm dealing with a known UI bug which doesn't allow specifying a “0” anywhere in the re-IP rules of our replica jobs. Our target subnet contains a zero in one of its octets. As a result, our replicas have no network connectivity upon failover. We need to use the vSphere client to access and manually edit the replica's IP. I read on this forum that a workaround was available from support, so I opened a case. They provided a SQL database query procedure:

- Run SQL query on the database to obtain the options for the replica job
- Save as XML file
- Open the file in PowerShell and edit source and target IP addresses, save
- Run SQL query which updates the replica job using the new XML file

This procedure does seem to update the database properly. I see that the source and target IPs have updated when querying the database, but when attempting failover the replica retains the source IP and and has no default gateway.

We're hoping a fix is in the works and will be available soon. In the mean time we need a workaround that works. Perhaps I'm missing something ... help!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6723 times

Re: Version 6 Replica Re-IP Workaround?

Post by Gostev »

Hi Roman, you should continue working with support, and have them help you apply the query correctly via the webex. No one on these forums has any idea on what script the support has provided to you, so it is impossible for us to help you. Thanks.