Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
cskpb
Novice
Liked: never

Failed to process replication task Error: Failed to add key-value pair

Post by cskpb »

Hi, i cannot do Veeam Replication for one VM. I got this error:

Failed to process replication task Error: Failed to add key-value pair (key: 'HvSnapReplicaSummary_127') to VM (ID: eacb9a4b-baf4-4d0e-b107-483e7b19495b). Job failed ('Failed to set value of the 'HvSnapReplicaSummary_127' Data Exchange integration service item for virtual machine 'VM NAME': One or more arguments are invalid (0x80070057) (Virtual machine ID {84bdeff0-0025-0000-d0ef-bd8425000000})'). Error code: '32773'.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Failed to process replication task Error: Failed to add key-value pair

Post by nielsengelen »

This sounds like a dedicated Hyper-V error. Best would be to continue working with support to understand the source of the issue.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
cskpb
Novice

Post by cskpb »

Interestingly, the backup of this VM and replication of the others VM works without a problem.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

It's an interesting pattern, feel free to share this information with our engineers as it will be helpful for troubleshooting process. In the meantime, you can check this KB from Microsoft that provides an example of the error having the same code "0x80070057".

Thanks!
cskpb
Novice

Post by cskpb »

My environment:
Two node Failover Cluster, based on DELL hardware. Nodes with Hyper-V Server 2019 installed. 6 virtual machines running Windows from 2012 to 2019. All nodes and virtual machines are fully patched.

Issue:
One of the six VMs named DBSERV has an issue with 'Veeam Replica'. The problem occurred after the third replica (replica run on a daily cycle at 21). This virtual machine is based on Windows 2019 STD.

What i was did already during the process of fixing the problem:
- I checked the backup and restore for this VM and its working perfectly
- I cleared all replica data for DBSERV from VBR 11 configuration and from storage - did not helped
- I exported, deleted and re-imported the VM (copy mode with new ID) - did not helped
- I checked event log on VM DBSERV and there is no error or warning during replica failure
- I checked the status of all Integration services, and all of them are "OK".
- I checked the operating system and files with tools like chkdsk, dism, sfc - did not helped
- I checked registry permision and key value for HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Virtual machine and subkeys
- Previously we used Hyper-V Replica and everything worked fine. I created new Hyper-V Replica for this VM and its working.

PeterM: I checked KB article you shared, but on my VM these registry values (mfedisk) does not exist.

Can you share me info where VBR trying add this key: 'HvSnapReplicaSummary_127on virtual machine ? Its posible to reproduce \ create it manually ?
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Please continue to work with our support, it is provided on best effort basis for Community Edition and NFR users. The case 05172324 has been closed due to high Support team load but you can keep trying to open new cases, every single attempt increases your chances to get support. Also, please keep in mind that we don't troubleshoot technical issues over the forum posts, you may find more information about forum rules here.

Thanks!
cskpb
Novice

Post by cskpb »

Hi, the support for Community Edition and NFR user is fiction. After 4 month no one helped me.I know that I do not have a paid product and I have nothing to count on, but do not story fairy tales that Veam provide such support.
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

As mentioned above, e-mail support for the customers using Community Edition is provided on best effort basis only and depends on current load of the support team. There are many Community Edition users who have managed to get support, thus it is certainly makes sense to continue trying to reach our engineers, sooner or later our team will have available resources to process your request.

Thanks!