Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Killu
Novice
Liked: never

Job Waiting Tape

Post by Killu »

Hello

I have need help with a job to backup to tape
I have two identical servers that until a few days ago both worked correctly.
The library uses the ibm total storage 3573 drivers, both servers have a job that starts at 12:00 for an incremental backup, but for a couple of days the "Veeam2" server has problems because once the job starts it remains in Waiting Tape but the library has 8 free tapes available in the incremental pool and another 5 in the free ones but does not take them.
The log Console_Veeam2_Administrator.log gives me this error:

Code: Select all

Selected node: 'IBM 3573-TL 1500' (a9da1710-4e36-4d45-9f7d-2e7a0f4c00b0)
<01> Info Selected node: 'Failed' (Failed)
<01> Info Selected node: 'Running (1)' (Running)
<243> Info [Notification] WaitTapeSessionMessageProvider - Found 1 wait tape session (s).
<243> Info [Notification] WaitTapeSessionMessageProvider - Need to notify for 1 wait tape session (s).
<243> Info Notification] NotificationCallbackCommands - Try to find OpenConsole command.
<243> Info [Notification] NotificationCallbackCommands - OpenConsole command not found.
<243> Info [Notification] NotificationCallbackCommands - Create OpenConsole command 5791526b32a94e12beaa76fc8c41204e.
<243> Info [Notification] WaitTapeSessionMessageProvider.LastWaitTapeSessionsCheck: Save time 04/07/2022 10:13:19 (UTC)
<01> Info [Notification] Tape media is required: 1 sessions waiting ...
<01> Info [Notification] CToastNotificationUWPStrategy.ShowNotification. Type: Session, Header: Tape media is required, Content: 1 sessions waiting ..., Command: 5791526b32a94e12beaa76fc8c41204e, 
<01> Info [Notification] Image source: file: /// C: \ Program Files \ Veeam \ Backup and Replication \ Console \ Dashboard \ Windows \ Toast \ Logo.scale-100.png
<01> Info [Notification] ToastNotificationUWPStrategy - Notification was shown.
Anyone know what the problem might be or how to fix it. :( :(

Thanks all
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Job Waiting Tape

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
just to clarify: Is that library partitioned?
until a few days ago both worked correctly.
that sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.
Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators
have a job that starts at 12:00 for an incremental backup,
this is the backup to tape job? Or a normal backup job?

Best regards,
Hannes
PS: support can only help if you upload logs https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
Killu
Novice

Post by Killu »

ID Case #05381452

Hi Hannes,
Yes, the library is shared, there are 2 drives for each Veeam
“Veeam1” drives 3 and 4
“Veeam2” drives 7 and 8
The Veeam are fisical servers with same configured, the Job also has the same configuration, the strange thing is that the Veeam1 has no problems, instead the Veeam2 stays in Waiting Tape it doesn't go on.
The tape are on LT8 tape
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I'm surprised that it ever worked because it's an unsupported scenario. The library must be partitioned (not shared).

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: the case is in the "community support" queue now. If you have a valid support contract, then it should be in a queue for customers with support contract
Killu
Novice

Post by Killu »

Hi HannesK
the library have 5 I/O stations, the 2 and 4 are for the veeam. Each veeam has its own partition.
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

Each veeam has its own partition.
ok, that's good 👍

Then I can only suggest to continue with support (and use a ticket with valid support contract, because running multiple community editions to back up one source infrastructure is violating the licensing policy in point 3.22)