Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
edison5000
Expert
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: e

best practice for: Win agent, workstation mode, confirmed 'installed' in B&R, but won't show in start menu or systray?

Post by edison5000 »

I feel like I posted this before, but cannot find. Keeps happening periodically for various machines, but inconsistently. 90% of the time, the agent auto-deploys a-ok from the Veeam B&R server based on protection group scan settings. The other 10% of the time, the agent will show 'installed' - yet the user cannot see it in start menu nor systray. Multiple reboots do not help. Sometimes manually uninstalling from B&R console helps, sometimes have uninstall and reinstall it multiple times. Other times, have to wait (even if it is a day+).

In all instances, the Veeam agent files seem to be in their proper folders on the client machine, but nothing there will spawn or launch when trying to force them, or if something does launch, it will be a command prompt style window with various errors. My hunch is that some deployment process is not 100% completing in these cases.

Is there a particular place to look in the deployed Win Veeam agent folders to force this process to finish, or continue?

(If somebody finds this thread duplicated, feel free to merge. Thanks : )
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2895 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: best practice for: Win agent, workstation mode, confirmed 'installed' in B&R, but won't show in start menu or systra

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
yes, that old post was deleted because you did not post support case number.

If it works on 90% and fails on 10%, then it sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.
Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators

Best regards,
Hannes
edison5000
Expert
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: e

Re: best practice for: Win agent, workstation mode, confirmed 'installed' in B&R, but won't show in start menu or systra

Post by edison5000 »

here it is. I can't seem to edit the post to put it up top.

Case #05528416