Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
slclarke
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: S Clarke

Error - replica already exists

Post by slclarke »

Hi,

Have successfully run two replications, over a very slow link using B&R 6. Approx 30 hours per VM. These were once off jobs with the intention of including them in another replication job which handles the bulk of the replication. Now in a position where I am getting the error "Processing configuration Error: The name 'ABC_replica' already exists." Have tried deleting replica folders, re-registering the original VEEAM replication, point the replication job at the specific VM data store. I do not understand why VEEAM is kicking the error 'ABC_replica' already exists. My thoughts would be it would see the replica, then continue.

Try to avoid having to delete the two replications and start again.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Been using VEEAM for two week, so guessing it is user error =)

Steve
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Error - replica already exists

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Steve,

Just to be clear - you have two jobs replicating same VMs to the destination host? Or do you want to move some VMs to another job? If this is the case, then you simply need to map production VMs into replicas on the DR site. Should further details be required on this process, please refer to our User Guide (page 118).

Thanks!
slclarke
Novice
Full Name: S Clarke

Post by slclarke »

I have some VMs I want to move to another job. Managed to work out in the end what I was doing wrong.

Thanks
davegold
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dave Gold

Post by davegold »

What was the solution?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Probably Steve was able to map the VMs using the standard procedure described in the user guide. Could you please clarify what are you trying to achieve so that we could advise on the possible solution?
chum
Influencer
Full Name: Craig Eddington

Post by chum »

I Also have this issue whereby the replication fails with 'The name 'serverx' already exists.

All other servers replicate fine, however this one server (the largest) fails.

If I set a replication job which does not finish in the alotted window, will it continue where it left off in the next available window, or will the replication never finish?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

chum wrote:I Also have this issue whereby the replication fails with 'The name 'serverx' already exists.
Craig, did you get this message "all of a sudden" or were probably some changes introduced in vSphere/Veeam B&R regarding this replica? Have you tried to map the replication job to the existing VM?
chum wrote:If I set a replication job which does not finish in the alotted window, will it continue where it left off in the next available window, or will the replication never finish?
Currently, proxy servers are able to reconnect and resume replication in case of short network disconnections only, so in your case replication will be terminated and start over once allowed.
chum
Influencer
Full Name: Craig Eddington

Post by chum »

It's been happening for a while and was part of a job which included many other VMs. However it also failed in that job. So I separated it out and created a separate job and schedule for it. However the same problem occurs.

Can you please explain how I re-map the VM.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

chum wrote:Can you please explain how I re-map the VM.
Open replication job, make sure the Low connection bandwidth check box is selected, and map the job to the existing replica VM at the Seeding step.