Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MTraina
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Michael Traina

Cloud Gateways not available - Provider rescan does not resolve

Post by MTraina » 1 person likes this post

For one of our cloud tenants, we had a temporary network outage which caused all gateways to be unreachable. We were able to resolve the outage relatively quickly, however, on rescan of the provider the gates all still showed unavailable (which, unfortunately, I did not see until after the weekend cloud jobs all failed). Manual rescan made no difference either; however, NNF through the provider (from the edit menu) resolved the connectivity piece from Veeam.

I guess my questions are 1)is there an easier way to automate this, like is done with the infra rescans? and 2) what exactly is the difference between the rescan process and NNF through the menu, since I did not make any changes? Understanding the underlying logic might give me some ideas to not have to do this manually in the future.

Thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Cloud Gateways not available - Provider rescan does not resolve

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Michael

Are you the service provider? Please register yourself for the service provider group.
I will move this topic soon to the private service provider sub forums.
veeam-backup-replication-f2/applying-to ... 55488.html

I assume, with NNF you mean opening the properties of the service provider and click Next Next Finish?

In my best knowledge, a rescan of the service provider should get the list of available cloud connect gateways. Could you please open a support case and let them check, if there was an issue with the rescan? The Debug Logs will show that.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Kindly apply to the Veeam Cloud Provider group using User Group settings in the User Control Panel. This is required to access a dedicated Service Provider subforum where similar questions are discussed. The topic will be moved there shortly. Thanks!
MTraina
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Michael Traina

Post by MTraina »

I just applied to that group. Thank you!