Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
abonal
Novice
Liked: never

Veeam One Monitoring Service slows my PC network

Post by abonal »

Hi everyone

Yesterday, I installed Veeam One (community edition) server + client on my PC for monitoring purposes. I added 1 vCenter containing 3 ESXI Hosts, and 3 standalone ESXs. I configured mail alerts. And then everything worked well, BUT, after some times I realized my google chrome was acting really slowly (pages takes 5 secs to load or so) and I can't keep a putty session to a host on the web for over 5 seconds. After 5 seconds putty throw me a software network error. This does not happen on my company whole LAN.

After this happened, I tried shutting down the Veeam One Monitoring Server service, and then everything went back to a normal state. But I want to use Veeam One monitoring so it would be better to have the service on.
Therefore I tried disabling mail encryption, I tried removing all the hosts from the monitor. I tried using another ethernet port, I tried on Wi-Fi, the same issues always happen.
These issues would let me think its a network issue, related to my network card or something. But I am not sure and I don't know how to go forward. Note, one of my colleague is using it and everything works well for him.

If you have idead to help me out it would be nice! Cheers
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 619 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Re: Veeam One Monitoring Service slows my PC network

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello,
It would be ideal if you could open a support ticket, although using Veeam ONE Community Edition, the support is on best effort basis.

Have you made sure to follow system requirements - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/d ... ml?ver=110

Are you saying that you have installed Veeam ONE Server on your PC? Well, that is not ideal, and usually, this tool is focused on being installed on a separate server, as it requires SQL (which is quite heavy but is not us is how SQL is). I guess you are using SQL Express as well, which will not be enough for the Infrastructure you mentioned.

Overall, please take a look at the system requirements and even take a look at the DB size requirements in terms of size - https://www.veeam.com/kb2246

Worst-case scenario, if you have a beefy PC that matches the system requirements, it might work as expected once the initial data retrieval happens, but still, it does consume some CPU/RAM by default.
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion
abonal
Novice

Post by abonal »

Hello,

Well yeah, I installed Veeam One server on my PC which sounds messy, i know, but I have to see with my hierarchy to install a new server etc... I hoped i could avoid this. Thanks, for the information provided, I will look like about requirements and keep you up. Also I have not opened a ticket at Veeam support for the moment, but I will do if I cant find any solutions.
Well I see a SQL Server 2016 service on my laptop, so I will see also requirements on this side. Do you mean Veeam one supports multiple DB types and some could be bette optimized on my laptop?
abonal
Novice

Post by abonal »

I would like to edit a bit what I wrote above, even when nothing monitored, what causes me network troubles is not exactly the Monitoring Server service, it is the Veeam Ona Agent (I don't exactly understand what role it plays in the monitoring server)
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 168 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello abonal

Veeam ONE agent — a component that enables communication with Veeam Backup & Replication servers, performs collection of logs, and sends remediation commands.

Also, I should mention that this is not a support forum. Please do not post environment-specific support issues here, contact our Customer Support instead.

Thanks