Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Mar
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Marcin

Difference between veeamzip to repository and to local folder

Post by Mar »

Hi.
Where is difference between repository and local folder backup? When this is same disk(iscsi) and veeamzip to repository works but to local folder is not. How it works?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Difference between veeamzip to repository and to local folder

Post by Mildur »

Hi Marcin

I moved this topic from the Hyper-V sub forum to the main VBR forum.

The process is the same for both. The HyperV proxy (or VmWare Backup Proxy) will create a new standalone full backup of the selected VM and will store it to the backup repository or selected local folder on your backup server. You must make sure, that the backups server has enough space available for the new full backup (VeeamZip).

Do you have a case number for "veeamzip to repository works but to local folder is not"? Sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic. Without case number, the topic will eventually be deleted by moderators.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Mar
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Marcin

Re: Difference between veeamzip to repository and to local folder

Post by Mar »

Hello.
My Case no is #05904298.
It is strange that on this same iscsi disk, backup to repository works and to folder does not[attempt to read outside of storage file boundary]. I thought that there has to be some difference because I cannot explain it another way..