Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pmichelli
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times

Ubuntu 22 proxies acting strange after last V12 patch

Post by pmichelli »

I am going to open an SR but I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this. Since the last patch, I am getting job failures every single day on one (or more) of my Ubuntu 22 proxies. It's always the same VMs failing. I tried everything including making sure the proxy was fully patched via apt, and also power off and restart a few times. Always fails with the same messages, then on retry 1 or 2 everything completes.

The only way I was able to resolve this at one site was to delete the proxy, rebuild it and add it back to Veeam. The jobs started completing right away with no issues. Thought this was the end, now my other site is doing the same thing.

Any ideas? V12 is pretty buggy. I'm somewhat regretting cutting over as quick as I did.

See example below :

Processing nameredactedofvm Error: Failed to open VDDK disk [[StorageLUNredacted] vmname/vmname.vmdk] ( is read-only mode - [true] ) Logon attempt with parameters [VC/ESX: [vcenter];Port: 443;Login: [user\creds];VMX Spec: [moref=vm-164804];Snapshot mor: [snapshot-165118];Transports: [nbd];Read Only: [true]] failed because of the following errors: Failed to open disk for read. Failed to upload disk 'vddkConnSpec>' Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

Processing vmname Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond x.x.x.x:2508
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Ubuntu 22 proxies acting strange after last V12 patch

Post by Gostev »

Hello, this patch has been around for a while now and this is not a known issue at the moment.

I kindly ask that you respect the community rules displayed when you click New Topic with your contributions here. They are quite unambiguous:
Gostev wrote: Feb 24, 2009 5:43 pmYou must reference a support case ID for the issue. We require a case ID to know who is the poster and for access to debug logs. Posts about technical issues without a case ID will be removed by moderators. Always open a support case first, then create a forum post. "I will open a case later" is not a valid replacement for a case ID.
Thank you for understanding!
pmichelli
Enthusiast

Post by pmichelli »

Apologies, Gostev.

Here is the SR : 02612892

By last patch, I meant the one released a few weeks ago that was supposed to fix the gateway timeout, not the 1st V12 patch. All these proxy issues are new. It had been working perfectly until then.
pmichelli
Enthusiast

Post by pmichelli »

I have been working with support and verified all ports are open (Proxies and Veeam are on same vLAN so nothing blocking between them). Nothing seemed to help until they suggested I remove the transport service , remove the proxy / Linux VM from Veeam and add it back in. So far the jobs are all running just fine. A few more days will tell me if this was the fix for this bizarre problem that came out of nowhere.
gjarassier
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Geoffrey Jarassier

Post by gjarassier »

Hello,
I have the same problem since upgrade v11 to v12.
Support has been recommended to change proxies Linux to Windows but i have same problem with a fresh proxies install.
2 cases has been opened...
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

Can you share the case numbers please?
gjarassier
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Geoffrey Jarassier