Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
keyer@presidio.com
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Eyer

Microsoft 365 Admin Center: Ability to Backup and Restore Tenant Configurations

Post by keyer@presidio.com »

Greetings!

As a partner of Veeam, it would be great to see a roadmap for the ability to Backup & Restore M365 tenant configurations, not just the data residing in the M365 tenant. Back up environment configurations daily with change reporting. Compare configurations with a point in time. Restore configurations to a known good state or granularly. Like a CTRL+Z for the M365 Tenant Configurations.

Features such as:
  • View, compare, and recover changes that have been made to tenant configurations at any point time
  • Compare and reconcile the M365 Tenant with a previous point in time and restore configurations
  • Track changes, who made a change, when and why
Cheers!

Kevin Eyer
Presidio Manager, Digital Workspace
www.presidio.com
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Microsoft 365 Admin Center: Ability to Backup and Restore Tenant Configurations

Post by Mildur »

Hello Kevin

I see two request in your topic.
- Track changes, who made a change, when and why
One is monitoring and auditing for Azure-AD. Microsoft already covers those services with their own functionalities. I suggest to look at those services for monitoring changes to the tenants you manage.
View, compare, and recover changes that have been made to tenant configurations at any point time
Compare and reconcile the M365 Tenant with a previous point in time and restore configurations
The other one is protecting Metadata and Settings from your Azure Tenant. Which leads to another request we have. Azure AD Backup.
May I ask, what specific Settings or Metadata in Azure AD are important to you to have them protected?

Best,
Fabian

PS:
If you are a Veeam Service Provider, please register yourself in our service provider user group. This gives you access to our hidden service provider sub forums where service provider products are discussed: Apply for the Cloud and Service Providers user group
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software