Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
kirderf
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Fredrik Kristensen

Removing entity from repository

Post by kirderf »

I am trying to remove user entities from a backup repository, and I've successfully remove all entity data by using Remove-VBOEntityData. But if then run Get-VBOEntityData on the repository I still see the user entities listed, but no with no data associated with them. So, my question is how can I completely remove the entity from the repository, so that there is no trace left of the user? I can't seem to find any cmdlet that does this. Appreciate any tips and help!
IT adviser
Data Center Operations
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Removing entity from repository

Post by Polina »

Hi Fredrik,

If Get-VBOEntityData keeps returning you some users it means that some of their data (which could be a mailbox, an archive mailbox, OneDrive, or a personal SharePoint site) still remains in the repository. Make sure to explicitly remove all user's objects, and if the issue persists, don't hesitate to involve Veeam Support.

Thanks!
kirderf
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Fredrik Kristensen

Post by kirderf »

Hi Polina,

Thank your for your reply! I am pretty sure that I have explicitly removed all objects. Below is what I've done.

Code: Select all

$Repository = Get-VBORepository -Name "repo01"
$UserData = Get-VBOEntityData -Repository $Repository -Type User -Name "John Doe"
Remove-VBOEntityData -Repository $Repository -User $UserData -Mailbox -ArchiveMailbox -OneDrive -Sites -Confirm:$false
After this, if I execute Get-VBOEntityData on the user an repository, I still get this

Code: Select all

DisplayName   Email              IsMailboxBack IsArchiveBack IsOneDriveBac IsPersonalSit AccountType   Organization                                                                                                                                                                                               
                                 edUp          edUp          kedUp         eBackedUp                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
-----------   -----              ------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -----------   ------------                                                                                                                                                                                               
John Doe                         False         False         False         False         User          contoso.onmicrosoft.com
Do you see anything obviously wrong in my procedure? Just thought I'd ask before a submit a support ticket.
Appreciate your help!
IT adviser
Data Center Operations
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hm... this is weird... and it seems to be a candidate for support investigation.
Please post your case ID here (once you get it).

Thanks!