Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
r2d2
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: arth

vCD thumbprint location

Post by r2d2 »

Hi all,
I've changed my SSL certificate on the vCD and all jobs are failed ATM. :(
In logs:
Error Certificate check failed, thumbprint mismatch.
Error Saved thumbprint: 4AAFCCC883E850AB53FF752E45EAA06164CEFF

So I suppose it should be changed someway. The UG says https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120:
When you update a certificate on a server, this server becomes unavailable in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. To make the server available again, acknowledge the new certificate at the Credentials step of the Edit Server wizard.
But when I click the wizard to the Finish nothing popped up to acknowledge at all.
I've mitigated the issue by applying the registry value: SkipCertificateCheck = 1

Now my server ignores certificate check and I'm trying to find the place where the thumbprint is stored.
I've tried a text search in the VBR's database to locate the thumbprint but it's not in the VBR's database.

So the question is simple: Where the thumbprint of the old SSH certificate is stored on?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: vCD thumbprint location

Post by Mildur »

Hello Arth

I see you followed the user guide to acknowledge the new certificate. If you still see error messages after a reboot/service restart, please open a support case.
Our customer support will assist you in solving this issue. Please don't don't forget to share the case number with me.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
r2d2
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: arth

Post by r2d2 »

Thanks for the answer, Fabian.
I've restart the whole VBR several times without a success.
I'd also prefer a community support here. All I need is to know which exact table does this thumbprint sitting. I'm understanding all risks and gonna do the rest by myself.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Arth

I understand. We cannot assist with database manipulation over a forum post. This is only supported within a support case, guided through our support engineers.

Please be aware this is not a support forum. We provided a link to our forum rules in red letters when you have created this topic. Without a case number this topic may be deleted by a moderator.
veeam-backup-replication-f2/rules-of-po ... -t755.html

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software